Flying Dog Hostels Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Flying Dog Hostels Backpackers" at Diez Canseco 117.)

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru
-12.026070, -77.047882 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.flyingdogperu.com
00 511 445094 (from US)/ 00 511 4456745
00 511 4452673

How is Flying Dog Hostels Backpackers rated on other websites?

Cowboys
never picked me up from airport as planned, so i had to get a taxi who tried to charge me $60 when i know the price is around $20 to miraflores. when i got to my room, no mattress on the bed, then no key to lock my private room door, had to wait 4 hours for a locksmith to replace lock and key, then they tried to charge me for the lock, these are cowboys. do not go to this hostel.
jason
Age 25, British
2014-01-10

Text book example of a terrible hostel
noisy location, 2 terrible bathrooms for the whole building, the first one actually inside a dorm room without a door at the end of the corridor, the second one "somewhere on the ground floor", small rooms crammed full of beds, expensive for no good reason, and a stupid logo. 1 night is too much here.
francis
2013-02-23

Would nver go back
I have been backpacking for two years and this was the most bizarre, unfriendly place I have stayed at. The first receptionist made my girlfriend feel uncomfortable as he sexually harassed her but we laughed it off. Things got way worse though. In the middle of the night a couple staying at the hostel rand the bell to get back in for five or ten minutes. Finally I got out of bed to see what was going on and the night receptionist who was somehow sleeping told me not to worry about that, just to go back to sleep. Knowing the couple was staying there, I buzzed them in, and the unfriendly receptionist said he was kicking me out. REALLY BIZARRE! The couple was as confused as I was as to why he was not going to let them in. As he was kicking me out at 430 in the morning, he complained about how he hated people from the U.S. but because I'm a foreigner in Peru I think I can get away with anything I want. We stayed at other hostels in the same area and had a much better experience. I will say the breakfast was great though!
(United States)
2010-05-14

Still not sure
Well we wanted a nice hostel for our first days in peru, however it wasn't tidy as it could be considering the price. Moreover some girls in the dorms caught some allergy or got bites by something still unknown. What really amaze us was that they kept in secret to the new persons coming such as family. So please check with them before booking.
Samuel
(Canada)
2008-07-21
  I had a good stay there. Clean hostel, hot showers. Good breakfast. Very helpful staff (Jorge and Jose Luis).
Marie