Royal Bayswater Hostel

How is Royal Bayswater Hostel rated on other websites?
Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews from the Web
1   Really, really bad The Royal Bayswater Hostel is really inadvisable. The rooms are not tidy at all. You can see fungi all over the walls and in the bathroom, especially in the shower. The windows are dirty, broken and despite you can close them, you can hear the noise of the street. There are far too less plug sockets and most of them don't work properly. The breakfast is poor, too. It contains toast, fake-jam, butter and cereals and as drinks you can have only really bad orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate, milk and tea. The cash machine doesn't work, too. The worst aspect is the stealing staff. They break into the rooms at NIGHT or during breakfast. Or they put a ladder under the windows. The funniest thing about that are the excuses of the staff. They told us, or number locks changed their combination by an accident of the cleaning staff. They "hit the locks with their feet and changed the numbers that way".  ()
3   Good location, average customer service the room was too crowded, too many beds in a relatively small room. they woke us past midnight due to a misunderstanding, a mattress from a bed was missing and they had to carry another one ... small bathroom, quickly it became a mess but this isn't staff's fault, of course. the location is great, opposite to hyde park, many shops and cafes around, very close to tube.  ()
2   Ok for a one night stay The hostel was ok for a quick stay but nothing longer. The room had too many beds fit into it, the connecting bathroom was pretty dirty, and there was no where convenient to put your luggage. The breakfast fast was free, but not very much was offered and area was not very clean. The elevator didn't work in the morning and the stairs were very bad for carrying luggage and it cost 1,50 pounds to store your luggage. However, it wasn't expensive and was well located; next to two Tube Stations and across from Hyde Park.  ()
1   Great Location, Poor management The good points about this hotel are the location and proximity to Queensway underground station. And that is about it. Rooms. I was with a party of eight people and we were allocated in a room with four bunk beds and six lockers -- suspicious, isn't it? Of course the space was very limited, a six-bedded room quickly converted into a eight-bedded room. We had our own bathroom if you can call "that" a bathroom. The toilet was broken, the curtains for the shower had seen better times, and the cold water tap only worked when it fancied so. Good job it didn't rain until the morning we checked out. We could see the privilege of our room, "a wall spring," not kidding, the water was coming through the wall. Hilarious! in thirty minutes pooled a quarter of the room. This hostel needs lots of TLC. The pictures in the website are not even close to the general aspect of the hostel. I have been in many hostels, backpackers, and youth hostels, and this has been the worst by far. Avoid it if you can.  , Spanish ()
2  This hostel is really well situated, one minute walk from Queensway Tube station, and well served by buses. The negative is that it is rather dirty because it needs new carpets on the floor, the ones existing are old and dirty. The walls and the ceiling were being repainted during our staying. When we arrived we were put in a six-bed room and we even had no room for our luggage, but the girls at the reception were very kind and moved us to a larger room, which was quite better. There are no elevators to the first and second floors but once again the staff was very nice and helped us carry the luggage. The breakfast was ok but may be some trays would have done better, since the tables were not clean. The use of the internet is good, you can pay once and have the opportunity to use it whenever and for how long you want for a total of seventy-five minutes within twenty-four hours, I found it excellent. And the opportunity of keeping your luggage is cheap and safe. The hostel is not the maximum you would expect, but has also some positive aspects. I recommend it for one or two nights. Were it not so dirty, I would give four stars.  ()
1  My biggest complaint was that the pictures of the hostel shown on the internet is nothing like the place itself. When making an internet booking you trust that the pictures are the real thing. What a shock! I cancelled my booking immediately and will also loose some money, but I just could not stay there. I hope the hostel I booked in Florence is not a shock.  ()
1  This was a horrible hostel, it is the worst one I have stayed in. My friend and I were originally put in a six-bed dorm shared with four other people. Now, we understand that when you book at a hostel there are people staying with you that you don't know, so you have to expect some craziness. However, when we stepped in the room, we couldn't tell which beds were free, and which weren't. There was garbage everywhere, dirty plates, holes in the wall, and everthing was filthy. The bathroom didn't look like it had ever been cleaned and never been vaccumed. We decided not to stay there and went down to cancel our room. However, the manager was extremely rude and said that we had to cancel forty-eight hours in advance. (I don't think he got the point that the room was prety much inhabitable.) So we cancelled anyway and lost our money. I have never been so mad and annoyed and disgusted all at the same time. Needless to say, my friend and I are on a personal mission to make sure that people know how bad it is. Many websites book for this hotel, and the information is wildly inaccurate, none of the pictures are right. On a lighter note, it is in a good location. So, if you have to decide between sleeping on the street and this place, I might pick the street.  ()
4  This was my first hostel experience. My room is clean and warm...the showers have hot water that last for plenty of time. The lockers are huge and secure. The beds are decently comfortable. The staff is nice. Don't be fooled though, there is NO laundry here. The internet cafe is 24 hrs and very nice and cheap, only 1.50 £ per hour. The location of this hostel is nice...across the street from Hyde Park, and very very close to a tube station (the Bayswater tube station). Everything in this city that you could want to do or see is only a 15 minute tube ride at most, if that. The "free" breakfast sucks so don't count on getting much out of it. It is over at 9 am and includes only white bread, boring cereal, and whole milk and jam. If you are expecting to drink skim milk here - forget it. They barely use skim milk in anything.  ()