La Casona de Don Jaime I

How is La Casona de Don Jaime I rated on other websites?
La Casona de Don Jaime I Reviews from the Web
4   Not that confortable but very good indeed The hostel is very small to say the truth, but you have a couple of places to chill out, you have tons of info on what to do in Rosario, and the bar Roots -- which is not noisy at all -- is the coolest bar I've seen in a hostel. it is also open to everyone in the city and is quite popular so you will have a clear chance to speak to the locals if that's what you intend. Now, excepting for one of the dorms there's a chance that you will hear noise and people talking since early in the morning, so if you are a light sleeper request a quiet room. Most of the Staff is super nice and owners Gabi and Romina are really the kindest people ever.  , Colombia ()
1  This was by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Bathrooms were just filthy and the kitchen was quite poorly equipped. On the other side, there was twenty-four-hour hot water, dorms were ok, bunks had comfortable mattresses, and all bedrooms had lockers inside them. However, they were not the facilities but the staff who turned our staying at La Casona into my worst hostel experience so far. When we arrived on the first night we had to make our way to the hostel through the bar attached, Roots, only to find that the guy at the reception desk was as drunk as the people sitting at the tables. The following night the same guy was extremely impolite to one of my friends, to whom he addressed in the most arrogant way, walking away while she was talking to him. The other girl who was at the reception at evening/night was also absolutely unhelpful, and both of them seemed more interested in running the bar than in assisting guests. They also tried to sell day trips they knew they weren't being held during that weekend and gave feeble excuses when confronted with that. Most guests would smoke pot all they long, which I don't mind unless it is done everywhere, including at the door of my dorm night and day, with the night/evening staff often joining them. It was only the guys at the reception during the mornings who prevented our stay at Casona de Don Jaime I from becoming a complete nightmare, as both were most helpful and nice. If we hadn't been told to pay for all of our nights when arrival, we would have run away on the first morning! Ask them about the sailing excursion with Leo, the trip is awesome.  , Argentina ()