Kunming Cloudland Youth Hostel

How is Kunming Cloudland Youth Hostel rated on other websites?
Kunming Cloudland Youth Hostel Reviews from the Web
5   Great Hostel, good value! Excellent staff! We stayed here in March 2013 and were very satisfied with the place. The double bed with en suite bath is definitely recommendable. Everything neat and clean -- not luxurious, but good deal for a hostel. Bar and the outdoor area is very cosy, too. Yet the best thing about the place is definitely its very friendly, very sweet staff. The girls at the reception speak (for Chinese terms) perfect English and helped us a great deal organizing flight tickets, trips around Kunming. Besides, when we left the place for a night and forget our jewelry, they kept it and gave it back when we returned. Special thanks to Jessica, you're a sweetheart.  , age 28, Germany ()
5   Great Location and good accommodations, STAFF are very friendly Nana will take good care of all you requests. But don't ask her for too much she must sleep occasionally. the hostel has great bar and food in the restaurant is good also. Plenty of showers and bathrooms also. Ask Nana how to go to the locals Farmers Market which is only 500Meters away. This is a really great place to visit and buy things from Food, vegetables, fruits, and meats.  , USA ()
2   Not so great I am not so sure this place is actually a hostel, it is a very odd set up. it appears that a lot of people staying here actually live here probably at least half appear to live here full time. We paid for the best room in the place as it was the only room free but the whole time we have had all the staff sitting on the chairs and chatting all day long meaning we have no where to sit. won't come back again. very noisy at night.  , New Zealand ()
4   Great hostel this place is great. there are so many beautiful girls here my head is spinning. very friendly staff good food and fun atmosphere. I stayed for 6 months off and on over the past year. I Highly recommend this hostel. I love China.  , USA baby ()
1  We was in this hostel in march 2006 and it was nice but we come back now and it's very different ! Why? The staff in the reception is so lazy, one girl particularly (the big one) is really unpleasant. If you want ask something you can forget! The bar is not friendly anymore, the boss want just make much money. Last time we talk together but now just pretentious with his friends. Before the music was great in the bar but now the staff don't like music and every day you listen the same one. terrible! The cooker is ok but become very expensive western food -- they make pizza! welcome to china! No, definitely this hostel lost much things. not interesting and friendly anymore.  , france and canada ()
2  I was here about one year ago and it was very great but now I came back and find it's very different. The staff is so lazy, you feel always disturb them when you ask something in the reception. The food is better and one girl from changrila is very professional. Before I found a spirit in the bar but now is just a normal boring bar with bad music. All the price are more expensive than before -- business business. It's not family hotel anymore.  ()
5  I was there in July 2006 and enjoyed the place very much, (after I finally found it) no taxi driver seemed to know where it was. They took me to the nearby hospital, Wal-Mart, and then I finally found a girl in a shop by Wal-Mart that actually walked with me and found the place. Now that's what I call great local interaction. But back to the comments about the place. I have to say that it had a very friendly staff, and the facilities were very clean. The only thing is their directions from the airport are not complete and not easy to understand.  ()