Polynesian Hostel Beach Club

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Polynesian Hostel Beach Club" at 2584 Lemon Road.)

2584 Lemon Road, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA
21.272229, -157.821451 (accuracy not guaranteed)
hostelhawaii.com
+1 (808) 922-1340
808-262-2817

How is Polynesian Hostel Beach Club rated on other websites?

Great hostel
Rooms are clean and spacious! Near of restaurants, pubs, shops. The staff are very friendly.
AnonymousHugo
Age 40, Mexico
2016-01-19

Fantastic staff, so-so facility
The good-great staff who were always helpful when i needed directions for daytrips. Friendly and competent. Facility is ok. Building is a bit rundown, bathrooms are well due for complete rebuild. But for the price and location, nobody expects a Hilton. My only real issue with the facility is the beds are metal and they squeek horrendously if people so much as turn over. Matresses are either super cheap or well past due because i could feel every spring, but that didn't bother me much. So if you can sleep wearing ear plugs, go for it.
Dmitri
Age 31, Canada
2014-11-29

DO NOT STAY HERE!! BUGS, NOISE, SMELL, UNFRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
I've stayed in some bad hostels, but this is by far the absolute WORST. The employees had more idea what they were doing and gave me the wrong key to my room. Once I finally got into the room it looked as if people have been living there for years. The employees do absolutely no cleaning, the rooms smell horrible, and the worst part is the bug problem! Cockroaches and what looked like ticks were crawling over everything! Please, DO NOT STAY HERE!! I couldn't sleep at all because of the street noise (and the woman below me making threats to kill people in her sleep) I would have even been able to handle that if I didn't feel bugs crawling over me all night. I finally gave up and had to get out of that place, I walked down to the street and the lovely people at a nearby hostel allowed me to stay in their common area for free because they know how bad it is at the Polynesian hostel. I ended up staying at the second hostel for the rest of my time in Oahu and had a wonderful time. IF YOU RESPECT YOURSELF AT ALL, YOU WILL NOT STAY AT THE POLYNESIAN HOSTEL!
Carly
Age 19, United States of America
2014-08-21

I Would Be Happy to Stay Here Again
Although I am older than the usual age of people who stay in hostels I have stayed in hostels for woman many times in India over the years so I am accustomed to the simple, no frills accommodations. The Polynesian Hostel is very clean, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly and the complimentary pancakes offered in the morning very tasty. The staff helped me with my largest suitcase to the 3rd floor. I was worried that there would be a lot of noise with the shared bathroom but the strong sound of the fan drowned out nearly all sound and I was able to sleep soundly. I appreciated having a clean, pleasant experience for a modest price. I would be happy to stay at the Polynesian Hostel again or recommend it to others.
Melinda
Age 61, USA
2014-08-09

Good Location, Clean, Strange room layout
I just got back from my stay at the Polynesian. The rooms were clean and the location is great. Right by the main strip but in the back so not too loud. The atmosphere in the social area was lacking in comparison to other Hostels but that being said it was much more quiet so it depends on what you are interested in. If you want to party this might not be the place for you but I liked it. The rooms are kind of strange as the private rooms are generally attached to a dorm room which means you have to walk through the dorm to get to your room. Other than that it was a great average hostel to stay in and a reasonable price.
Sarah
Age 29, Canada
2014-02-04

Sh*thole
Don't spend more than one night here. Very dirty!
Stefan
2014-01-12

Good Location
Great location, very close to the beach. The hostel looks nice in the pictures but it is much messier and the bathroom/shower was pretty yuck I had to wear sandals in there. Some staff were helpful but some were really lifeless and not very welcoming. The communal areas were fairly good. The kitchen is sort of outside. It gets very hot in the rooms at night. It's good if you just need somewhere to sleep but otherwise it is very unclean and i wouldn't recommend it.
Emma W
Age 21, Australia
2013-08-29

Super friendly
Had a great time super friendly staff and great fun.
Jordan