A&O München Hackerbrücke

How is A&O München Hackerbrücke rated on other websites?
3   Crowded hostel with some drawbacks This hostel is very busy one, considering it's proximity to main train station, and the fact that there are not really that many hostels in Munich. We stayed for two nights, and every day the reception desk was crowded with many people that wanted to check in. Something i have rarely seen in other hostels. Guys at reception desk managed all that crowd best they can, but of course this comes with some drawbacks. First was not really knowing how many free beds are in each room. For both nights we stayed here, they gave already occupied beds to other people. Not nice feeling when coming to your dorm at 3AM finding some guy sleeping in your bed. The place is clean as it can be, but looks a bit worn out. Positive thing is they have bar with some snacks and cold drinks, and a garage. Good hostel for one night, but expect nothing more.  , age 36, Croatia ()
1   Worst hostel I stayed in Munich Staff were unfriendly. Only hostel in the world I've had to pay for bedsheets, and it is €3 as well! There was only 1 powerpoint in the room for everyone to use. Two couples slept in single beds so there were so many people crammed in the room. The lobby, the only place with free wifi, was packed with drunk people and kids and had very little seating.  ()
1   Worst hostel on my trip so far Of the 5 hostels I've stayed in during my past 2 weeks of traveling, this one was, by far, the worst. I only had to stay here one night because of unforeseen circumstances with the friend I was staying with in the city. First, there was only one person at the reception/bar to serve all the drunk people and check everyone in and answer everyone's questions. He wasn't friendly, which I suppose is understandable considering he was under some stress. The bedsheets cost €3 and this is actually the only hostel I've ever stayed at where you had to pay for bedsheets. I'd suggest including it in the price of the room, but then it would have been even more ridiculous than the €28 I paid to sleep here for a few hours. Also, when I asked if they were required, he said yes, but 3 of the people in my room didn't have anything on their beds except the pillow and duvet, as in they didn't pay for the bedsheets or bring their own. The mattresses were incredibly hard and unforgiving. It was like sleeping on the floor. There were little lights on every bed for reading and whatnot, but they were too bright and couldn't be moved to face downward so as to not disturb everyone else in the room. The outlets were in inconvenient places in the room (under a bench, beside the light switch, in the bathroom). The stairwell smelled disgusting. To get to my friend's room, she had to go outside on a balcony. Thank goodness we were in Munich in spring and not winter. The lobby/bar doesn't have enough seating for how many people I assume the hostel can house at one time. There were not railings in the bathroom to hang clothes or a towel. The only positive things I have to say about this hostel are that check out was easy and the luggage storage is very well organized and kept safe.  , age 21, USA ()
2   School dormitory This hostel is too crowded but that was not my problem but the type of crowd that comes to stay there. The facility is good, the location is good. My worst nightmare was to hear people making love in the middle of the night on the hall way, and they were shouting on top of their voice. It was horrible. They are out of control.  , age 42, Nigeria ()
5   Excellent A good safe place to stay.  , age 69, England ()
5  I stayed here for nine nights in July and absolutely loved my stay here. I had originally booked accommodation at the main A&O Hostel but was told (when I showed up) that I had been moved to this place. There was still some construction going on but the room we had (a four-bedder) was great. To make it better yet, the other two beds were never occupied during our stay. Location wise, it's about a twenty- to twenty-five-minute walk from the main train station but I found I actually enjoyed the walk, so much so that I hardly took the tram (which you can do and which stops almost in front of the hostel). There is a supermarket around the block from the hostel. Belatedly discovered the hostel bar on the roof and enjoyed some excellent caipirinhas there. Munich is a fantastic city and my stay here never detracted from that fun experience.  ()
1  this hostel is not worth the money they charge. they advertise they have breakfast supplied and it cost extra and linen is a extra 12 euro a night. the staff are as arrogant as hell and the toilets were never cleaned in six days, their security follows you around like you are a criminal! If you want a enjoyable stay in munich, don't stay here -- plenty more nicer hostels around!  ()
A&O München Hackerbrücke Reviews from the Web