Hotel Paola

How is Hotel Paola rated on other websites?
Hotel Paola Reviews from the Web
4   Clean, good location, no breakfast or kitchen The place is clean and well situated near the train station and the historic center, but the street is very noisy during the night. There's a shower in the room, if someone uses it, the air becomes wet, but there is only two other showers and one of them was out of order. The lockers are big. There is no breakfast and no kitchen, just a ridiculously small fridge and a microwave, and the common area is really small. The hostel is on the third floor.  , age 34, France ()
4   Friendly, Safe, Convenient, and CLEAN After our horrible stay at another Florentine hostel, this place was a paradise. We were provided keys for the street entrance, the hostel entrance, our room door, AND even a key for our individual locker (which was bureau sized with a shelf and hangers). Our beds were clean, the lockout time was only 10-1 which really isn't that bad and when they cleaned the place, they really did clean. All the staff were very friendly and even allowed us to store our luggage there for free after checking out before our train arrived. We had a wonderful experience there. Only oddity was that there was a shower (with frosted glass for privacy) and a sink in our room just out in the open, but it was no big deal.  , age 21, USA ()
3   Small bathrooms It was ok, though the bathrooms are definitely small, and there are only two showers for the whole place. When we were there one was out of order with no sense that it was ever going to be fixed.  , age 46, American ()
5   Loved my stay I would HIGHLY recommend this place. Great location in Florence, great rooms with huge lockers, and wonderful staff that were very accommodating! I would highly recommend staying here if you're going to visit Florence. The only drawback was carrying my luggage up the stairs, but I only had to do it twice so no big deal.  , age 20, USA ()
5   Good location, good faclities the staff are also very friendly & guided us the town environment.  , Hong Kong ()
5  This is an amazing find. I had no idea it was going to be this nice. It is right by the train station, so it's definitely convenient for the traveler. Clara, the owner, is passionate about her work. She is extremely friendly and energetic and is happy to point you in the right direction in Florence. The rooms are super modern and cheerful. You get two lockers to yourself in the room (but you already feel extremely safe). You are served breakfast (included) to your room and we're not talking the typical continental-hostel breakfast, you get scrambled eggs, yogurt and it's cooked by Clara. There is a common room and this hostel is small enough to feel like you can really meet new people. I have never felt motivated to write a review before, and I have stayed in plenty of hostels, but I really feel that whoever stays here will feel like they will never have a hostel experience as pleasant as this one ever again.  , USA ()
5  Most of the places we had stayed in in Italy were nothing compared to this one! She is the best host you'll find in Florence, if not all of Italy! We had a great breakfast every morning, clean sheets every night, and the cleanest rooms and bathrooms ever. It was like staying at mom's without the hassle of having to be home early or check in. Although she did care a lot about us. Just make sure you are very quiet and mind others if you come in late night from a pub crawl or you'll have angry roomies since you must share with a few other tourists. We stayed for six weeks and it was the best time ever. I wish I never left and miss it so much! I can't wait to go back again next year. I give Albergo Paola two thumbs way up!  ()
5  The best hostel I stayed at on my 13-city trip. Upon entering, I was shocked by how CLEAN, quiet and gorgeous the hostel was: high ceilings, lovely design, calm ambience, with sunlight streaming through your room's tall windows with white curtains (it was like a scene from a movie). The hostel is run by a charming young woman named Clara who immediately gives you a free map and circles all the places you simply MUST visit in Florence. She's an absolute delight. The location is fantastic: only a three-minute walk from the train station, five minutes to the Duomo, and (at most) a ten-minute stroll to everywhere else. And the San Lorenzo market is just down the road and around the corner! With very large lockers in each room, no curfew and your own set of keys, the hostel feels very home-like. It's a lot like staying at a friend's unusually nice and large apartment. Of all the hostels I stayed at, I loved this one most. My HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!  ()