Mandala Hostel

How is Mandala Hostel rated on other websites?
5   I'm in love with Mandala Yo what can I say. Hands down best place to stay in the central side of Europe. Facilities are phenomenal, I felt like it was my bar mitzvah everyday while I was there, and I'm not even Jewish. Beds felt like little clouds and were an immense relief for my aching backpacker's back. Washrooms were so fresh and oh so clean, with steamy water flowing seamlessly for centuries. Location was immense -- 5 minutes from liquor/supermarket/Hungarianfood/tobacco/tram/metro, and you can walk to the ruin bars/clubs without breaking a sweat. The staff. Jesus the staff. Shout out to Furi, keeping the premises functioning immaculately everyday, while still taking us to the hottest spots in Budapest. Stay here and you won't regret. I'm down with the Mandala Clique. Love from Vancouver. I will be back someday.  , age 20, Canada ()
5   Best hostel ever Never felt so welcome at a hostel! Really it is like a little family. A must-stay in Budapest!  ()
5   An all around very enjoyable stay. Friendly, fun, and helpful staff. Very social yet laid-back atmosphere. Clean facilities. Rooms are large and don't offer a lot of privacy, but I felt so comfortable with the other guests that this wasn't a problem.  , age 25, USA ()
5   Felt like staying in an apartment with friends The first impression was perhaps not the best, but that lasted only for five minutes. It's like moving in with a bunch of friends for a while! It's clean and comfortable. I once sat outside the entrance listening to a neighbor practicing the cello, which came to be one of the most magical and beautiful memories of Budapest! Friendly and helpful staff. All good!  , Sweden ()
5   Exactly what a hostel should be I stayed by myself in Budapest for five days, everyone at the hostel was very helpful especially as I had just started traveling alone. The atmosphere is a great mix of chilled and social, Highly recommended!  , Australia ()
5   All the good things Just go. It's got the best features of the 'old-fashioned' hostel (cosy, no bull) with the 'modern' hostel (clean, cool, good location). If you want something more from a place -- well, you can't get more, so stop looking. Just go.  , Australia ()
5   November 2010 This was a really great place. I have staying in lots of hostels in my travels but Mandala really felt like home. We didn't want to leave and ended up staying longer than planned. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed. The staff and other guests we all really friendly and helpful. The hostel is beautifully decorated and has a really great vibe. It's also situated in a great part of town, with really funky cafes and bars. We will definitely be back!  , England ()
4   Wonderful and quirky This is possibly the nicest hostel I will ever stay in for the amount I paid. The mush-room is beautifully decorated, the beds were comfy. They are very reasonably priced, and have DVDs, a kitchen you can use, a wide selection of books, free net, and did our laundry for us. The staff were not always on duty when they were supposed to be, which was frustrating (including having to deal with a fellow traveler's lost luggage at 1 a.m. since the receptionist wasn't there to buzz the delivery man in), but when they were there they were extremely helpful and friendly. It's on a quiet side street but within easy access to all the major sites, whether by foot, tram, or metro. I highly recommend Mandragora, and if I'm ever back in Budapest, I'll be staying there again. Two complaints though -- one, it's kind of hard to find initially unless you're only looking for #12 because there's only a small plate on the side of the door, since they share the building with actual residents. The other is that the two beds that we slept in had no real privacy -- they were shielded only by a screen on one side, but all the other beds had curtains that afforded some more privacy. If they added curtains (which would mean displacing the hammock), it would be perfect.  , US/India ()
Mandala Hostel Reviews from the Web