Hotel & Hostel Rila

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hotel & Hostel Rila" at Fehér Holló utca 2.)

Fehér Holló utca 2, Budapest, Hungary
+36 1 216 1621, +36 1 32 32 999
+36 1 32 32 998

How is Hotel & Hostel Rila rated on other websites?

In summer 2004 I stayed in this hostel. They give you a nice breakfast. The neighborhood isn't very central and there are odd, dodgy characters hanging around the hotel bar at all hours of the day and night for some reason. That and the fact that my lock appeared to have been forced at some point made me feel a little uncomfortable. But aside from this it was okay.
2005-03-13
  I stayed in Ho(s)tel Rila for one week in the summer of 2004. My main reasons for choosing this hostel was the 'central location', according to their website, and the fact that they had a studio room for five. Arriving at the hostel, it wasn't as central as it seemed, and although the metro is quite close (about a ten-minute walk from the hostel), it is still a bit of a barricade, because the metro in Budapest closes down at around 23:00 (there are night-buses though). The rooms were ok, although they weren't very clean and there were lots of things broken or not properly working, such as a dirty shower curtains and a bathroom sink that took ages to empty. The beds were alright, although a little old. The breakfast that is included with the price was very good, though, with nice coffee and fruit juice. My main point of criticism against Ho(s)tel Rila is its price. For what we got, I think 9 euros would be a reasonable price in Hungary; but instead of that we payed more than 16 euros per person. For the same price, you might expect something better and cleaner.
Husky