Hostel Louise 20

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hostel Louise 20" at Louisenstrasse 20.)

Louisenstrasse 20, Dresden, Saxony, Germany
www.louise20.de
+49 (351) 8894 894
+49 (351) 8894 893

How is Hostel Louise 20 rated on other websites?

The rooms were really clean and comfortable. The problem was that we had a really sketchy guy stay in our room. He made noise all night and generally seemed shifty. I know this isn't really the hostel's fault, but it put a damper on our stay there. I would stay there again, as long as that sort of thing isn't the norm (I was only there the one night).
2005-04-12
  I stayed here in February and it's a really nice hostel. Although I consider it overpriced, because the hostel I stay at in Berlin (which is just as nice) is 3 euros cheaper per night and it's in Berlin! The staff are helpful and nice. Everything there is cleaned very well and the beds and linens are super comfy. However, when I was there the place was empty. Literally, I only saw four other people in the whole hostel during my three-day stay. Granted, it was the middle of winter when I was there. So the social factor was no good for me, but the hostel is quite nice.
Stacy
2005-03-21
  This was a very good hostel. The beds were very comfortable, the staff were friendly, and the bathrooms were clean. The location was a five-minute walk from the train station. Streetcars were on the corner, and it was in the "bar district" for plently of nightlife. There is a kitchen available. It seemed more like a Bed and Breakfast than a hostel. I would return.
Joe
2004-08-25
  This is a great new hostel. It is across the river, about 10 minutes from the old part of the city, but it is located in a great neighborhood full of bars, coffee shops, and markets. It is clean, beautifully decorated, the service is friendly, the rooms aren't over-booked, and there's no pressure to be social--but there is the opportunity for socializing if there are lots of other travelers. The kitchen is a wonder of God, and the breakfast, if you're a meat and cheese eater, is totally worth the money you pay for it. Towels are free. Bring a sleeping bag, though the duvets and pillows are huge and comfy. It's more like a city bungalow than a youth hostel.
Amanda