Holly's Hostel

Holly's Hostel in Chengdu is a nice and relaxed hostel. When you enter this hostel, by the look of the reception, you can guess the good vibe of the hostel -- it's full of books to exchange, small tables to have a coffee, and computers with free access to internet. However, the best spot of this hostel is the bar, where you can easily relax and have a couple of beers with other fellow travelers, although most of the guests are Chinese and so English is not widely spoken.

The hostel is located in the south part of the city, near the Wuhuo Temple, inside the first city ring. Try to get advice from the hostel about the best way to arrive there. If you have a car, there is also a parking lot just across the road. The street has a lot of traffic and noise, but once inside the hostel, you don't notice it.

The rooms are big enough for the number of beds. The bunks have really hard mattresses and it won't be your best sleep, for sure. There are no lockers available in the rooms. The bathrooms are shared and too small for the number of guests in the hostel, so prepare yourself for some queues. There are enough hooks and shelves for you to hang your clothes in the shower. You can find Western and Chinese toilets in the hostel.

In the reception you have computers with free access to the internet and a place for book exchange. The place is nice as there are some sofas and tables for you to relax. The reception is also a travel agency desk and can get you good deals to see the Panda's Natural Reserve and tours to Jiu Zhai Gou. There is also a bar on the third floor with free Wi-Fi (all the common areas have it as well) and nice meals for an average price and with a small esplanade in the outside. The view is not nice, but the place itself is nice to kill some time.

This is a nice hostel with a traditional Chinese style with a good price-to-quality relation. It's not the most comfortable hostel where you will ever sleep, but for the prices it is hard to find better in Chengdu.
by CoffeeMarks
July 2012

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Holly's Hostel" at 246 Wuhouci Street (Wuhouci Dajie).)

246 Wuhouci Street (Wuhouci Dajie), Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
30.643451, 104.047008
86 28 85548131 13540370707
86 28 85540492

How is Holly's Hostel rated on other websites?

Efficient, Clean, and Very Good Value
I brought a group of ten staff members out early to a conference in Chengdu for some team building. The Holly was great at sorting out the bookings and accommodating us. There was some confusion with our Panda excursion but this was sorted out in the end quite amicably and I was refunded in full for the unused parts of the package that had been purchased. This is the only thing that prevented a 5-star rating. Otherwise, everything is really good here and I will stay here during my next trip to Chengdu.
Friendly and helpful staff, great location, clean room.
I recommend for you to stay at Holly's !
Friends and I really had a nice stay at Holly's. Dorms are good, cheap and clean. Shower and toilets as well. The must is that you can ask and get lots of advice from the office. They know EVERYTHING about Sichuan. You can visit a nice temple just next to the hotel.
Will be back!
Good Location. Basic room. Very reasonably priced. Holly & Staffs were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended to all active travelers.
(Malaysia )
I spent Feb. 2007 in China. Most of it in ChengDu. I stayed here upon the recommendation of a chinese friend who lives in ChengDu. The staff was the best -- very friendly and very helpful. Great location -- I walked many places from there. And when I had friends to act as my tour guides, buses were easily accessible. Rooms were very clean as well.
Jeffrey Martin
  this is best hostel i was stay in China. all of the facilities is new. room is clean. staffs is friendly. the rooms not near the street so is quietude in the evening. I staying this hostel about ten days. feel like in my home.
lee ann from HongKong
  I stayed in holly's hostel on April during my China tour. It newly decorated, good service and reasonable price attracted me. The building full of Chinese ancient style and feelings of go home. It was situated in the downtown of the city, so it is convenient to travel and shopping.
  Great place! I spent time here more than a month now, and it feels like home. Nice restaurant -- food available almost any time -- all services needed for a tourist available, and most importantly -- very friendly, honest, and helpful staff. Really can be recommended.
Toni from Finland