HI - Banff - Alpine Centre Hostel

How is HI - Banff - Alpine Centre Hostel rated on other websites?
HI - Banff - Alpine Centre Hostel Reviews from the Web
1   Loud, ugly, small room. Our room was small, not as clean as known from hi hostel and very loud. Thin walls and Poor door. As loud as when open. Free breakfast. Yes, but ... Nobody told us, we had to pay. Staff unhelpful. Wifi did not work.  ()
1   Loud and stupid Way too loud. Bands playing in bar next to room till 2am, wifi doesn't work, staff with know local knowledge, and facilities out of order.  , British ()
5   I love it, best hostel I have stayed at I have stayed at this hostel for three winters now and my fourth winter is starting soon. it is a great communal environment with two great kitchens and a wicked bar known for its karaoke on fridays and saturday. close to town. I started a VHS Movie collection for those rainy days when there is nothing on TV and you need some Ferris Bullers Day Off. I recommend it to everyone I know who comes through town.  , Canada ()
5   Excellent I've stayed at Hi Banff twice now, once in summer, once in winter and both time have had an excellent stay. The first time I stayed in the main building and the second time i stayed in building 2, which is just next door not attached to the main building. I would definitely try and get in building 2 again as it's newer and nicer but the main building is excellent too. It has an on-site restaurant that serves breakfast and i think dinner but not lunch (i dont think but not 100% sure on that). there is a bar downstairs that has various things going on. There is a kitchen in both buildings and there is internet terminals in the main building. There is also a relaxing lounge in both buildings. probably a bigger relaxing area in building 2. The only thing about the hostel is that it is quite far out of town up tunnel mountain road. In the summer its a nice walk, in the winter i am glad i had a car! I think there is a regular bus though.  , UK ()
4   Like a hotel! Really like a good hotel! Looks very nice and modern. there are only two drawbacks -- the hostel is little bit remote located (fifteen minutes' walking distance of town) and the price is relatively high (around $32 with HI-card during summer) -- if that's no problem for you, it is absolutely recommendable!  , Switzerland ()
2   WAY TOO LOUD! Yes it is a beautiful hotel like hostel. Yes it is close to everything. Yes it has a restaurant that makes a great breakfast BUT the bar is too loud (Karaoke Night) and people leaving the bar tend to continue their conversations & fights into the halls. Didn't get any sleep till after 3am and my tour group was leaving at 7:30am which made for a bad start to the day.  , USA ()
5   It's like a four-star hotel, with dorms. This place is immaculate! The new building (Mary Belle Building?) has a massive atrium with a gas fireplace and the older building has a massive lobby area as well. There is a restaurant and a bar on site as well as big well equipped kitchens. Being an HI, it's a bit sterile and is not the place for partying, but with the bar downstairs it's still possible to meet people. The location is a bit out of town but no so far it can't be walked to (or staggered, if you're inebriated). I found the electronic door locks to be fussy and they seemed to require a bit of practice to get the hang of. Something else about this hostel (and other HIs) is the large number of older (forty-plus) non-english speaking travelers staying here. I find it messes up the vibe a bit. Overall, worth the stay but if you're looking for a raging party (and less than ideal cleanliness) then stay somewhere in town.  , Canadian ()
5   It's the best hostel in Canada I stayed here for five days first time round, then went back from edmonton there for another three days. Its the best hostel i have stayed in on my travels. It's clean, friendly, great place to meet people as they have a bar, and the walks and rockies are just behind the hostel.  , UK ()