Luna Rossa

How is Luna Rossa rated on other websites?
Luna Rossa Reviews from the Web
4   Helpful and well equipped. We were in the other building over the road, I must say our room and the furniture was a bit shabby and old next to the main building pictured, but it was clean. The benefits of the apartment having a kitchen with all equipment, TV with english movies (good to give your feet a rest after site seeing all day), internet in room, and air con all made up for that. Also Marco and his colleagues are a great team, and nothing is too much trouble for them. So all things considered I would recommend Luna Rossa. If you go make sure you go to the beautiful food market just down the road. Amazing!  , UK ()
5   Best place we stayed on our whole trip Hard to even think the Luna Rossa is considered a hostel it is more like a hotel run by a great guy named Marco. Compared to the rest of the places we stayed this one was definitely the best and the best value for your money. Free Internet in your room, satellite TV, a kitchen to make your own meals, and best of all -- all of Marcos great tips and advice of things to see and places to go. Marco was a huge help sorting out an issue I had with my Visa when many of the other "sketchy" places we stayed wouldn't have bothered. If you are going to Florence the best place to stay is Marco's Luna Rossa.  , Canadian ()
5   One of the Best! I thought that his hostel was great. I have stayed in many hostels all throughout Europe and this one was one of my favorites. I even brought my mother here and she was impressed. The bathrooms were clean and the rooms were quiet and comfortable. Luna Rossa was located close to the train station and the markets, which is one of the main reasons to go to Florence! Marco was incredibly helpful and very nice. He helped us to find a rental car and made all the phone calls for us to the businesses since my Italian is inadequate by far. I am even making a reservation to stay here again. While Luna Rossa is one of my favorite hostels, it is not a hotel. Can't wait to see Florence again!  , USA ()
5  Marco was a real cool guy -- he showed us a map with points of interest, showed us a great cheap restaurant, led us to our room, and even let us keep our bags in a private area before we left Florence. Also, you can challenge your table tennis skills against Marco! Thanks for a great stay! Everything was very comfortable and clean.  ()
1  I had read good reviews about this place so thought I would try it. Unfortunately, it was the old bait and switch routine when Marco told me he would have me stay in a lovely apartment right down the street. Unfortunately again for me, the apartment was not lovely, it was four flights up with no elevator and was nasty. I was bitten by bugs/mosquitoes all night long; I couldn't wait to escape the next day. So beware. PS. He also fails to mention that the place is impossible to locate UNLESS he points out that it is next to an old abandoned building that looks terrible with graffiti and trash in front of it.
Response from the accommodation: I'm the runner of Luna Rossa Hostel and I would like to tell the guy who left the first comment that I respect his opinion since is very normal to find a not smart person each 30 hundreds... this is more or less the number of clients who loved my hostel and told me they never enjoyed so much an hostel... so, I really wish you a good luck..you really need it! THANK YOU LUNA ROSSA'S FAMILY!!!  ()