America Del Sur Calafate Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "America Del Sur Calafate Hostel" at Calle Puerto Deseado 153.)

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate (Calafate), Santa Cruz, Argentina
-50.333655, -72.255637 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.americahostel.com.ar
54-2902-493525
(02902) 493525

How is America Del Sur Calafate Hostel rated on other websites?

(1950 ratings)

So pretty! And amazing breakfast
Great hostel for a visit in El Calafate. The hostel isn't far from the bus station and it offers great advice for the many day trips you can take. Additionally, the building is quite nice. They offer a great breakfast.
Laura
Age 23, Canadian
2015-09-18
  Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms are good and clean. Food, beer possibilities! Best hostel in South America during our trip. Very highly recommended. Keep on going mates!
NK
(Hungary)
2011-06-14

Excellent
I have stayed here for 5 nights. the breakfast had me stuffed until lunchtime, with plenty of options. I didnt even notice the smoking area upstairs and the internet is fast! the atmosphere is the best i have experienced in all of south america so far (peru, bolivia, chile, argentina). simply excellent place to stay -- genuine friendly, helpful, relaxing, comfortable, come feel the warmth all the year round -- and Marianna rocks. quite possibly the best hostel in the southern hemisphere.
TT
(UK)
2010-06-22

Excellent
This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were so friendly and really helpful. They organised our transfer to the airport for us which went smoothly and when we arrived they took the time to talk us through each of the trips available and the cost. They booked everything for us. They also helped us when we unexpectedly found ourselves staying in el calafate for an additional night. There was a great atmosphere in the hostel -- lots of people around to talk to and great music playing. The rooms were nice with great views of the mountains and the lake. I would really recommend this hostel to anyone visiting El Calafate.
Hannah
(British)
2009-12-20

What all hostels should strive for.
Just when I'd given up on hostels, I stayed at America del Sur. The location is fantastic (with brilliant views to boot), the staff are friendly and very helpful, and the hostel itself is clean and cozy and offers excellent meals. Really an ideal hostel in every way.
Smitty
2008-06-21
America Del Sur is situated a five-minute walk from the town centre and a ten-minute walk from the bus station (where the hostel will pick you up for free). It is situated on the hillside, with great views of the lakes and mountains. It's one of those hostels that is trying to be a home away from home -- these hostels can always be identified by having to take your shoes off before you enter the hostel. The staff are friendly, speak very good English, and are keen to get you on tours to visit the many glaciers in the area. However, don't feel obliged to go with them as there are others -- shop around. The spotless dorms are four-berth with ensuite shower cubicle and separate toilet. Soap is provided but towels are not. The bathrooms are always spotless. However, it can get noisy in the evenings and mornings as the walls are paper thin. The hostel in general is clean though the kitchen facilities could be improved upon (it's only just sufficient for one or two people to boil the kettle). The hostel does great evening meals for a few pesos including wine or beer. The free breakfast is cold, toasted French bread with a bit of jam or margarine. There is room for improvement with the breakfast. There are only two very slow internet terminals, which is a shame as many travelers hang around here for the late buses. A smoking area in the chill-out area upstairs spoils it somewhat, which is a shame, because overall it boasts a good relaxing atmosphere.
Helen Pickford
(UK)
2007-06-05
  This is an excellent hostel. It was recommended to me by a friend, and now I am recommending it to everyone I meet heading to El Calafate. you really feel like home. The staff are superb, they know the best ways to visit the major attractions, and they are very very friendly. the sunset from the living room is amazing and they also provide nice breakfast from 6:30 a.m., so no matter how early your tour is, you would be able to have something to eat before you go. I wish I could find more hostels like this one along my travels in Argentina!
annonymous
2007-03-15
  Excellent hostel! Great staff! The best staff in all hostels that I've been in my last trip. Great place too.
Victor Carvalho