Milonga Youth Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Milonga Youth Hostel" at Ayacucho 921.)

Ayacucho 921, Recoleta, Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
-34.598355, -58.395829 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.milongahostel.com.ar
+54 48151827
+54 (0)11 4815 1827

How is Milonga Youth Hostel rated on other websites?

Ok, needs work
The first time I stayed here I stayed in the Carlos Gardel room, which was nice, but a bit cold (I'm here in winter), and the bathroom has a door to a balcony which was IMPOSSIBLE to close due to some malfunction with the door's hardware. Did I mention it was winter? The room had a cheap TV with about... 3.5 channels. On my next visit, I stayed in the Martín Fierro room, which was not the best. The toilet had been used but not flushed. It turns out the flushing mechanism on the toilet was broken, and would not flush at all. The heater in the room did not function whatsoever, and it was freezing. The room did not have any towels. The attendant said she would bring some up, though she never did. pluses: Wi-Fi internet throughout, the common area downstairs has a gas fireplace which not only provides warmth, but also a great ambiance.
N. Marley
2009-07-25
  The location of this hostel is awesome, most of the staff and guests are great as well, but the accommodations are awful. Mattresses are old and sagging (my back hasn't hurt this bad in awhile), I would give it a two out of ten for cleanliness. Yesterday only two of the five showers were operable and that does mean there's hot water necessarily, just water coming out, much like a garden hose. And that's two showers for about thirty-five people. The condition of the kitchen makes me ill just walking in there. Even with all that, I've had fun and met lots of great people. But I am now looking for a new place to spend the rest of time in Buenos Aires.
Tracy Ballard