Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Banana Bungalow Hollywood (also known as the Vibe Hotel & Hostel) is a privately run hostel that offers the best value spot in Hollywood, and arguably Los Angeles. We say value not only because the price is pretty reasonable, but primarily because of the quality of the establishment. This hostel is well-located -- close to supermarkets, underground stations, local buses, and Hollywood attractions. We didn't hear any negative comments in conversations with other guests.

The management are friendly and show a genuine interest in the comfort of their guests. The Vibe employs a full-time cleaning staff, who work every day. Changes of linen and additional pillows are available upon request.

The Vibe is a motel that has been converted into a hostel so the dorms have a maximum of eight beds (four bunks), and all include private bathrooms and kitchens. Linen, towels, and a full compliment of cutlery and crockery are available in all rooms. There are laundry facilities and plenty of parking spots within the complex. Other great features include cable TV in every room, free high-speed internet provided through five consoles, free coffee available all day, and free barbecue dinner on Saturday nights.

January 2007

How is Banana Bungalow Hollywood rated on other websites?
Banana Bungalow Hollywood Reviews from the Web
5   Nice people, clean rooms, cool place, friendly staff I only stayed here two nights, but could easily have stayed a lot longer. All the staff was friendly and answered our questions patiently. They helped us park the rental car. We stayed in a 6 people mixed dorm room (we were three) and were lucky with our room mates too! Handsome, nice guys. The food was very good, and the rooms were clean. The only negative thing was how simplistic the breakfast was. But honestly, it's all about expectations. This is a hostel, so by those standards the breakfast was good. (And it tasted good.) Easily accessible laundry machines and a cozy back yard with chairs and tables. I don't know what else to say but that I recommend the Banana Bungalow hostel in Hollywood!  , age 20, Norway ()
5   Great party hostel Really cool vibe to this place. Courtyard and a tv/pool table area in the middle where people meet up before parties. But things were all organised and clean still. Maybe not the place if you definitely want peace and quiet though.  , age 25, English ()
3   Clean place but not many girls I came in December and it was quiet. I was not keen for LA to be the way I saw it. I met a lot of Aussies. I just came from there and id rate it better than most. It would probably be better with summer. Clean place for sure. Breakfast should be better. The free BBQ rocks!  , age 23, USA ()
4   Great place Place very good, the atmosphere is great, one excellent localization and have parking inside. The rooms have kitchen, and bathrooms. Definitely value the price.  , age 23, Brasil ()
5   Clean, good location, good breakfast The breakfast is served up nicely as porridge, cereal and toast with a selection of spreads. The bunk dorm rooms are good and spacious but of course the private rooms are much nicer. The WIFI drops in an out so don't rely on that. Plenty of evening and recreational activities to keep you entertained if you're not already running around LA.  , Australia ()
1   The worst hostel in the world that is not hostel but club. they are so crazy. they held party everyday from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. who can sleep? and i waited to check in for four hours. (i arrived at there 12) and on their website we can check their tours. but actually they dont have tours. also, i wasnt provided pillow and blanket. and one room had fourteen people and only two bathrooms. they use drugs. these are true.  , japan ()
4   The rooms have en-suites -- that's pretty good! It's like a little budget hotel for the price of a hostel. You really can't complain! Bathrooms in each room, a nice, large communal courtyard where everyone sits and chats, and free breakfasts. Only issue I had was that I had to check out super early (about 5 a.m.) and was told the security guard would let me out of the gate. After wandering around for ten minutes, freaking that I'd miss my shuttle, I found him asleep on a couch in the TV room -- not much of a security guard! It all worked out in the end.  , Australia ()
5   Fun Place! Wow, this place was great. I extended my stay in L.A. just to spend more time here. I met so many cool people from around the world it was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially Mo the boss. There are a lot of fun things to do at the banana hostel and in the neighborhood very close by. I really liked the kitchens in the dorms because I love to cook and everything was kept very clean considering how popular and busy this place is. They paid for my airport shuttle and I used the free internet, in the back is a tropical island garden area that was a lot of fun as they had free breakfast and dinners all the time. I got up and sang karaoke, which I've never done before, but had help from some real singers who were there. It was so much fun! There are some down points though, there are no phones in the rooms and I had to switch rooms because they are so booked up. If you are going to L.A. or Hollywood I think you should definitely check this place out. They also have a Hostel on the West side of Hollywood which I visited for one of their events, it was great too. I'm gonna miss all the friends I made.  , Aussie ()