Hotel & Hostel Sport

Hotel & Hostel Sport offers you the benefits of staying in a large but welcoming hotel at hostel rates.

Hostel Sport is easy to find, centrally located in the small town of Postojna. It's an easy five-hundred-meter walk from the train station and a similar distance directly up the hill from the bus stop. The hostel part of the building is located away from the main road, so noise from outside isn't too much of a problem. As a small town, amenities such as restaurants, bakery, supermarket, and bank are all within easy reach on foot.

A variety of rooms are available; dorms with four to six bunks are ideal for groups, but we were told that solo travelers and couples are often given budget double rooms when available. There are no lockers, but valuables can be safely stored at reception. All rooms have a TV; reading light; and en suite bathrooms, which are clean and spacious with good showers. Beds are comfortable and towels are included in the price.

There is no communal kitchen or laundry, but use of such facilities can sometimes be arranged with the staff. There are plenty of open spaces with seating within the hotel and hostel, including an outside patio area, and there is a bar downstairs that sells a small selection of alcoholic and soft drinks. Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Unlike many hostels, breakfast is included in the price and served in a large downstairs dining room. When we were there, the breakfast buffet was a nice selection of cereals, cold meats, fruit, bread, yogurt, juice, tea, and coffee. It provides a good opportunity to grab some snacks for later in the day.

Summary

Hostel Sport is an ideal base for visiting nearby Predjama Castle and the local caves and for exploring the surrounding countryside. The friendly staff can help arrange activities such as caving and rock climbing and also provide bicycle hire to help guests get the most out of their stay. Most people visit the attractions of Postojna on a day trip from Ljubljana, but if you choose to relax there longer, Hostel Sport is a comfortable place to stay.

November 2012

How is Hotel & Hostel Sport rated on other websites?
Hotel & Hostel Sport Reviews from the Web
4   Clean and near train station It's more like service apartment than hostel. I was staying at 8 bed large dorm room with toilet en-suite. The price is reasonable when you have been stayed any hostel in Lubjuna.  , hong kong ()
4  The symposium that I attended in Postojna booked me at the Hotel Sport. Having attended other symposiums in the U.S.A. I was worried that the cost was going to be very high. I was pleased to find that the cost was very reasonable. The room I had was very nice and clean. I was able to get a great night sleep every night I was there (five nights). Some of the other guests had problems with the wifi there. They had to go to the lobby area or the community room. I had an older laptop that had an external USB wi-fi that I could put outside my window so I got great connection speed and was able to email and surf to my delight. A nice Continental breakfast was included, which was a nice way to start the day. The people at the front desk were very nice and extremely helpful. When I needed to call a friend in Ljubljana to set up a meeting the young lady at the front desk let my use her personal cell phone. A few nights I had dinner at their restaurant and was pleased at the quality and price of the food. They had a lot more to offer, which I would like to partake of next time I am in Postojna.  , USA ()