EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Video

The front door to EastSeven Berlin Hostel is opened by a numerical combination on the keypad. The area around the front desk is very small, but the bedrooms are spacious and clean. You can choose either bunk or normal bed. Key-lockers are inside the room. The cleaning staff will take the towel, so to avoid paying for a new one each day, you must hide it from them in your locker (this is not revealed upon renting the towel).

Laundry is unusual. After handing over your clothes to the staff, they take at least six hours to dry due to backlog, a weak drying machine, and/or ineptitude. They store clothes overnight, so you can get them in the morning.

They have internet access for a fee and there's no breakfast. The hostel has a decent kitchen and common room, and a great outdoor lounge area in the back with wood tables and chairs. The bathroom is near the dorm, and the shower has warm water. There is trendy nightlife at the bars and a few places to eat in the area. Though the hostel is close to a S-Bahn station, it was closed due to construction during our stay and a shuttle bus was operating at times.
by Jeff Nevins
June 2007

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "EastSeven Berlin Hostel" at Schwedter strasse 7.)

Schwedter strasse 7, Pankow, Berlin, Berlin State, Germany
www.eastseven.de
+49 (30) 93622240
+49 (30) 93622239

How is EastSeven Berlin Hostel rated on other websites?

Gomio

The hostel is great!!
we had a wonderful time at the hostel! Great room, breakfast, always good music, it's well designed, comfortable -- and most important the guys in the reception were always so nice, welcoming, and helpful! Thanks for a great stay!
Sarai
Age 19, Israeli
2015-07-14

Nice quiet hostel
It was a good hostel overall with very good rooms and common rooms. While I was there, it was pretty quiet in general with only a few people in the common rooms, but the staff were certainly helpful.
Kingston
2014-09-05

Ok, but not exceptional
I had a great stay. The double room was a very small and the rooms were noisy. The breakfast costs 2 euro's and is fine, but based on the reviews below I was expecting something special. I've stayed in many hostels, and often a breakfast such as this one (cereals, coffee, and bread) is free. Apart from this , the staff was very kind and the (bath)rooms were clean. I just think this isn't worth a rate of 9.5.
mar
2013-04-02

Very nice stay!
This hostel was really great! The staff made a great job and had a reply for every answer I had around Berlin! The hostel itself is also very social, good to meet people and to connect!
Jerry
(English)
2012-12-03

Nice experience
friendly staff, very good bathroom for dormitory, nice breakfast & beverages in very cheap price. i'll definitely suggest my friend to stay there when going to Berlin!
Lily
(Hong Kong)
2012-05-09

Really nice
I had a little problem when I arrived in Berlin because my flight from Brazil to Germany delayed an entire day and I had no way to tell the hostel I was going to come late so, naturally, they cancel my booking. However, when I arrived to the EastSeven they made everything to help me; they were not available but they called to other hostels and found a place I could stay. As they were so nice to me, I just stayed one night in the other hostel and I came back to EastSeven. Both hostels were amazing. EastSeven has nice, clean and confortable rooms. The attendant was very helpful all the time. I have no complains ... I recommend this hostel!
Juliana
(Brazil)
2012-01-03

Well kept hostel
I only stayed here very briefly but found it a good place to stay. It's not right in the centre but is close to a U-Bahn station, so it's easy to get into the centre. The reception staff were helpful, and the dorm was very spacious, clean and in good condition. I didn't use any of the communal facilities, so I can't say anything about them.
Jonathan
(England)
2011-07-06

Perfecto
Totaly fell in love with this place and the city! Berlin is crazy and beautiful and this hostel is just the right place to be. It's close to the centre, clean, and very relaxed. the friendly staff never got tired of my tons of questions and helped me with everything. Also -- they now seem to offer breakfast and the nice garden in the backyard was fantastic.
Lorena