Travellers' Hostel Island

A hostel located on an island in the middle of the river with a bridge connecting it to land on both sides of the river. The island has an area that shows outdoor movies at night, and there are tennis courts and an outdoor sitting area at the hostel. The sleeping area is one single large gym room with many beds. The bathroom facilities are poor. The island location is unique but it's a bit more humid that other hostels during the summer months.
by David

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Travellers' Hostel Island" at Strelecky Ostrov.)

Strelecky Ostrov, Praha 1, Prague (Praha), Czech Republic
50.081117, 14.410051
+420 224 932 991
+420 224 826 665

How is Travellers' Hostel Island rated on other websites?

I knew there was something dodgy when I recognized the metal frame beds from a TV program about Romanian orphanages. This is budget, and I mean budget! It's a sports hall converted into a hostel in the summer. Cheap prices do not mean you have to forgo the most basic of amenities. You will not get a pillow, and you will be penned in one of the rows of beds stacked on top of each other. You will not even be able to have shower in privacy! The only showers the hostel provides are communal, so everybody can see your butt. When I asked the staff if there were any showers with curtains or a little privacy they seemed confused, as if I was the freak. If you want to know what a soviet concentration camp looks like, visit here.
  Yes, it's one big gym, and yes, it wasn't the most luxurious place I've ever stayed at, but it was definitely one of the most fun! It had, by far, the coolest staff and people staying there of all the places I've stayed at. It's in a very good location for walking around town, sightseeing, and partying.
  The beautiful, unique location makes up for the boot camp-style sleeping arrangements. I met a great bunch of people here in the summer of 2000. It was my first time traveling alone. I will not forget the great time I had here.
Sammi Darby
  It was nice being on the island, but it kind of sucks that you're not allowed on half of it. There's even a fire pit, but you can't use it because the restaurant next door gets pissy. The price is great, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is good, but be warned: you're sleeping in gymnasiums with hard mats and no pillows. Really, what hostel doesn't give you pillows?

Rate Travellers' Hostel Island