The Palms Backpackers

How is The Palms Backpackers rated on other websites?
The Palms Backpackers Reviews from the Web
4   If you aren't too old... I wasn't allowed to stay as I was overage ... but the reception was very pleasant and helpful and several guests came and chatted to me. Overall it looked a great laid back hostel, everyone was interacting and preparing for Friday night partying. Oh, and the Kitchen and bathrooms were fine. A cool place if that's your style.  , Australian ()
5   A clean hostel run by a decent owner The hostel is situated in Potts Point, next to the notorious red-light area, King Cross, near the famous Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. It is very easy to catch a train because the hostel is only about three minutes by walking from the King Cross Station. Dan, the hostel owner, was very nice to guests. When I emailed to the hostel, he replied very quickly and offered me a job. I stayed there two weeks and worked two hours every day as a toilet cleaner (ha ha ha) to have free accommodation. Yes, I did. So, instead of paying for stay, I spent that money for some fun in Sydney. Some other people were offered to work as the kitchen cleaner, room cleaner, room repairer. So, all rooms were clean, odour-free, and shiny (because we, the guest-cleaners, cleaned them every day).  , Vietnam ()
4  brilliant hostel, would definitely recommend staying here! it's less like a strict hostel and more like a huge student house! awesome atmosphere, clean, great people, trips to the beach, and so close to everything! nice one, dan!  , UK ()
4  Palms was a great hostel! It was such a nice atmosphere and ther were so many nice people! like a big family. It's a home far away.  ()
1  this was one of the worst hostels i have ever stayed in, the toliets were unclean, the staff were useless, and the bathroom door was off it's hynges. DON'T STAY HERE!!  ()
2  The annoying thing about this hostel is that it has the extras without getting the basics right. So, although we had a TV and fridge in your room, and there's an XBox and Sky TV downstairs, the bathrooms and bedroom were grubby, the kitchen never had any clean tea towels (and was pretty cramped), and it was very noisy. The staff were OK, and it's a shame because this place could be SO much nicer.  ()
1  This place really sucks. Bugs and dirt everywhere. Even the bedclothes smell like vomit. We checked out after one night. I recommend not staying here!  ()
5  It felt like home, small and cozy, and everyone really nice! I loved it. It was a great start to our trip round Oz! Cheers Dan!  ()