Kyoto Utano Youth Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Kyoto Utano Youth Hostel" at 29 Nakayama-cho, Uzumasa.)

29 Nakayama-cho, Uzumasa, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
web.kyoto-inet.or.jp/org/utano-yh/
81-75-462-2288
81-75-462-2289

How is Kyoto Utano Youth Hostel rated on other websites?

n/a

Best hostel stay I have had so far
I stayed there in June 2004. the staff were brilliant, they even put on a trip to watch fireflies in the evening. Had a great time there. The hostel is not in the centre of Kyoto but is well worth the bus ride. I hope to stay there again soon.
Tom
(UK)
2007-09-08
  Utano is by far one of the best youth hostels in Japan. I traveled from one end of the country to the other visiting many hostels and I always compared them to Kyoto's Utano Youth Hostel. The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is laid back, and the food is great. The breakfest buffet is good and the dinners are made by some old school Kyoto folks who know how to make some really awesome traditional Japanese cuisine. It may be far away from the main station, but it is close to a lot of the bigger temples in the NorthWest, as well as a large forested hill, which is a lovely place to see the Kyoto night skyline. I completely recommend Kyoto.
Jeffrey
2006-08-12
  I stayed in this place a few years ago, and it was great! It's out of the way, but it's beautiful! Bamboo forest surrounds this place and you can really commune with nature here. Their shampoo and soap is so great! It comes out in a foam and keeps me more moisturized than anything I can find in the US. I really liked it at this hostel, and I hope to visit it again someday.
Julie