BB's Working Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "BB's Working Backpackers" at 675 Darling Street.)

675 Darling Street, Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
-33.864072, 151.169763 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.nomadsworld.com
+61 (2) 9555-6436
+61 (2) 9555-6051

How is BB's Working Backpackers rated on other websites?

Wow
I have traveled a lot and this place is fantastic cheap, good people are so friendly and I miss Tony such a cool kid.
Nichols
Age 25, Canada
2015-01-08

Where do I even start??!!!!
Where do I even start?!! Walked in and thought it was a wind up! The night manger was drunk and people were of there face on meth. The room was disgusting!! I wouldn't even let my worse enemy sleep on it. The bed sheets had a hole in it and they were dirty. The floor had nail clippings on it. The kitchen had dirty plates everywhere! Didn't want to put any thing down or even sit on the couch. There was blood on one of the couches. No security what so ever there was no locks on any of the rooms. People would walk in at any time. Police would turn up every night. Most people were friendly but curtain people were very offensive and jut bastards. I'm scarred for life and really don't know how I will get through this I do not understand how people can live in such a place. The place should really be shut down and half the people in there should be put down. Never again.
Nisha
Age 25, Welsh
2014-11-24

Not so great
Whats shown on the description and the reality is not the same. The place is really dirty! Rooms are stinky and kitchen full of flies. But its the perfect place to meet people. It's cheap so don't expect to have some comfort. Now you can choose if u want a clean and expansive or a dirty and cheap one ...
Camille
2014-01-12

Only for party people and people who like the dirt
This hostel is the far most disgusting hostel I have ever been, I would never recommend a friend to stay there. Every other choice is better! Stay away from Balmain Accommodation!!
Andrea
2012-10-01

Recommended.
I was only there for a short 5 days last weekend and felt really good to be there. Meeting all sorts of people from different walks of life and talking to them. Good place to hangout be it for long or for short term stays. As mentioned by many, the Manager, Kristy, is a really outgoing person who goes out to assist in most of the queries one may have. If you're intending to stay out late on Sunday night, be prepared to take a cab.
Ogus Goh
(Singapore)
2011-11-30

Was good, now bad.
I stayed in Balmain Backpackers for over 5 months as well as during the December/January Holidays 2010/2011. It was in fact quite enjoyable there, the atmosphere was good and the people decent. The manager, Kristy was always nice and helpful, making you feel welcomed and disciplining those that needed it. She was always fair in her dealings. On the other hand, the owner Andrew is the complete opposite. He tries to save money at every possible corner and that's why the backpackers is run down and dirty. It is in great need of maintenance and renovations. In January a gay couple from Wales moved in and took up the jobs as cleaners and eventually as weekend managers. These two cannot be trusted. They methodically try to control the hostel and the people in it. They have single-handidly destroyed the good atmosphere of the backpackers. In my opinion, I would have recommended the backpackers to anyone during my stay but now I say don't go there unless you want to live under a dictatorship.
(German)
2011-05-28

Excellent
I had the time of my life here and met (my now) husband there and we now have a little boy and are doing really well in life all thanks to Balamain Backpackers. it's a safe and easy going place to met new and fun loving people and the best life experience you could ever have. would recommend this place to anyone.
Niamh
(Ireland)
2009-10-02

Great
I would love to get in touch with people that I met there August 2006 - November 2006 There was myself, Jim and Katie
Kim Mortimer