New Garden Hostel

How is New Garden Hostel rated on other websites?
New Garden Hostel Reviews from the Web
3  I would say that the photos make it look much nicer than it really is (but then isn't that always the way?). I paid 15GBP (or about 28USD) for a tiny one bed room, with a tiny en-suite shower and toilet. Compared to hostels in general this place was average, but it is in a fantastic location and when you take into account that accommodation in Hong Kong is usually massively overpriced (just like London and New York) this place is actually quite a good deal. It's also acceptably clean and has decent security.  , UK ()
1  I stayed here last year. The pictures on this web have nothing to do with the real hostel. Its a tiny place, with all the wee rooms crammed in a few square meters, very shabby. The owner, or lady in charge, was really nice at the beginning -- before I paid for my room, but once she got the money for the five nights wasnt helpful at all. Besides, they were really mean, they would turn the A/C electrical supply off at night -- when all the guests tend to be in the hostel (the panel is outside the rooms). I was very disappointed all together.  ()
5  Good location, friendly, and responsible  ()
4  Stayed here for over a week during the Chinese New Year. The fourteen-bed dorms are cheap, but not bad at all. Showers have hot water 24/7 and the staff will do your laundry for a small fee. The location is excellent, close to the ferries, the metro, Kowloon Park and some of the tourist traps. It's far from the most beautiful or comfortable hostel I have stayed at, but the price and location makes up for it all.  ()
1  This hostel is pretty poor. Wasn't too clean and uncomfortable with some bugs that crawl around though that doesn't really bother me since i guess insects live in this world too. I left after a few days. Quite small but that is expected. didn't like the staff much. Felt they were a little rude...a smile would have been nice but hey great place HK is! Loads of people, cheap food, hot girls haha and gorgeous restuarant...poor hostel...probably stay in a hotel next time! ^_^  ()
1  I stayed there for four nights. The place is really bad. There are some insects in the room, and the worst thing is that the owner is very stingy. They were trying to get as much money as they could from tourists. We asked for laundry service, and found the amount of clothes that you can put in one load is very little. They tried to get me to do two loads so they could get more money. Even to get our deposit back for the key on our departure date took us a very long debate and arguments.  ()
2  I recently stayed in this hostel and can say that despite its good location I would not recommend this place. There were animals in the bed and we have been completely eaten. The staff tried to put some bomb against it but it was not enough to kill those resistant little animals. Furthermore, it is quite noisy. The rooms are very small but I guess it is the same in the whole area.  ()