Pacific Coast Backpackers Hostel

How is Pacific Coast Backpackers Hostel rated on other websites?
Pacific Coast Backpackers Hostel Reviews from the Web
2   Good at first, bedbugs later This place did appear to be fairly clean (except for the toilets) and was pretty quiet after 10pm, so it was easy to fall asleep. It has a laid back vibe, but it struck me as a bit strange how people were always hanging out in the common room and parking lot at all times of day. Most places it seems people are out doing stuff all day. In my experience a hostel isn't normally full of people at 2 pm. However, my first night there I noticed a small brown bug crawling up my arm. I didn't know what it was at the time, but now I think it was a bedbug, because two days later I noticed several red bumps on my wrists and neck. One week later, I'm covered in large itchy bumps. I emailed the owners, who claim they inspect and clean the bed every time a guest leaves, and spray for bugs every 3 months. Maybe they do, but now I'm worried that I've been exposed to bedbugs.  , USA ()
5  This is the best of all the hostels that I stayed in when in New Zealand. This place is kept scrupulously clean by the friendly owners and staff, the kitchen being closed at around ten-thirty in the morning and night for thorough scrub and polish, the toilets and showers also get the same attention to detail in the morning. Vacuum cleaning is done with an almost religious devotion! Excessive noise or rowdy behaviour is not tolerated and is dealt with swiftly by the owners, they want peace and quite as they live in an apartment in the hostel. The building work next door did mean an early start to the day but as this was not the responsibility of the owners PCB still gets a gold star rating. Fantastic place to stay.  ()