Downtown Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Downtown Hostel" at Kiralyi Pal utca 5-7.)

Kiralyi Pal utca 5-7, Budapest, Hungary
www.downtownhostel.com
00 36 1 266 4151

How is Downtown Hostel rated on other websites?

Very nice
The front door was always locked, and the owner made sure everyone knew to lock it. Bed linens were clean, nice laundry, bathroom was clean, kitchen was used by everyone so it was decent, and although there was no common room, still met plenty of new people. The owner was kind and helpful. The location was perfect. Thumbs up.
Rebecca
2011-08-08

Disgusting!
I have traveled around Europe for six months and I have stayed in many different hostels from different countries but I must say that this is the worst one. After traveling for twenty hours without being able to sleep, I arrive to "Downtown Hostel" with a previous and confirmed reservation (ten days before). Once I entered in the Hostel I got the worst welcome ever. I asked, "Excuse me, Is this DownTown Hostel and the unfriendly receptionist answered, "No! this is a bakery!" -- pretending to be funny. Well the thing is that they canceled my reservation because there was a festival in Budapest that week and they preferred to book their rooms straight away instead of waiting for customers with reservation. You can imagine the situation, they did nothing for me, just calling a few hostel which were busy and telling me sorry. Luckily I found someplace else and I could rest. This is only part of my experience with DownTown Hostel, so please, please avoid this Hostel, apart from this you might expect a clean hostel because pictures does not make justice. Dirty, very poor, and not good staff. Believe me a do not stay in this hostel if you do not want to feel sick.
Jose
(Spanish)
2007-07-20
  Do not stay in this hostel!
Katy
2007-04-27
  The hostel is like a ghost. Nobody pick up the phone and the hostel was closed. I think that is one of the worst experiences that I have had in my life. Someone replies ours mails saying that everything was ok with the reservation, but then nothing was true. I hope that they don't take the money from my account, or I will demand them.
David
2007-03-19
  Do not stay here. It may be cheap and some of the people staying there my be cool, but it is filthy and the security is rubbish. The sheets were brown and the bathroom never seen Mr muscle before. The front door never closed so anybody could walk in. Also peverted co-owner. Only good thing is location. We moved after the first night.
Anon
2006-07-15
  Location was good but that was the only good thing I have to say about this hostel. The place lacked security as the front door was often left unlocked. The staff were useless and disorganized, as our room was not even ready on arrival. Rubbish lay all the way up the stairs leading to the hostel and continued into it. Personally I would advise anyone to look elsewhere for accommodation.
Kelly Taggart
2005-09-09
  This was the best hostel I've stayed in ever! It had lots of cool people and a really fun environment. It was easy to get in touch with people here and you'll feel like you're at home in the hostel's Magic Kitchen.
Therese, Norway
2005-04-06
  I stayed here last May for few days, and I must say that this place really rocks. It has an excellent location and price, and the owner was very friendly to me.
Peter, Slovakia