Kanga House Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Kanga House Backpackers" at 141 Victoria Street.)

141 Victoria Street, Potts Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
-33.872126, 151.222495 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.kangahouse.com.au
+61 (2) 9357-7897, 1800 4KANGA
+61 (2) 8354-0439

How is Kanga House Backpackers rated on other websites?

Sad to leave
All I can say is that I had the time of my life at Kanga House! I made the best friends, the staff found me work so I could afford to go out on the weekends and do some travel up the east coast! It always felt like home when I returned, and the people that worked their generally cared! It has the best views of the Harbour bridge and Opera House, has free breakfast, BBQ, and wifi -- and of course the best group of mixed nationalities. BYe Bye Kanga I will miss you.
(Germany)
2011-03-20

EXCELLENT!
I love this place. I stay 3 weeks and every day was great. Such very friendly and help me staff and people working there. They help me to find job even! Very very good location, close to all things -- many bars and shops -- and also close to city. Next year when I also go to sydney, I stay here again I hope they can have space for me!
Maria of Rome
(Italy)
2011-03-20

A place to come back to
i was at the kanga for three weeks and enjoyed it very much. the staff are nice and helpful and the view is beautiful! i would recommend the place to people i meet along the way!
Riita
(finland)
2008-06-19
  I found this hostel because I couldn't find anything else. It was not very clean, and the commons rooms not very comfy. It's fairly quiet, the staff is very friendly, and you have good views, but I wouldn't recommend going here.
Wendy
2007-01-31
  Stayed there about two weeks, until the time when it was almost burned down/someone jammed the doorlock. The "door mugging" thing must be new. when I was there it was just the lock. Better than the bedbug infested place down the road though.
happysam
2006-10-09
  I stayed here a few years ago now and had an amazing time! The people we met were wicked and we had the coolest night out in Kings Cross on Christmas Eve. There are heaps of good night clubs and pubs in the area, (and some good greasy food on offer for the walk back to Kanga!). Yeah it is a little dodgy but it's not that bad (don't leave the hostel without shoes on your feet though). The views are fantastic and it's in a good location, a 30-minute stumble from the city, and you can sit in the sun with a cold beer in the courtyard. I have some great memories from this place and I wouldn't trade them for anything! The staff were flexible and the prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is wicked. Just don't drink too much of the nasty Coolibah Christmas punch!
Nic
2005-04-18
  The views are fantastic, but that's about all it has going for it. It has tiny dorm rooms (not enough room to swing a cat, let along a big rucksack). The free Internet is so slow it's not worth trying, and you are only allowed to use it for a few specified hours a day. Kings Cross is an interesting area, but the streets don't feel safe and there are a lot of strange drunken people around at night. Don't do it, people.
Claire
2005-01-31
  This is a great hostel. It's pretty cheap and it has an amazing atmosphere. It's a great bunch of people who stay in this type of friendly hostel.
2004-12-10