Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers" at 35a Hall Street.)

35a Hall Street, Bondi Beach, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
-33.890267, 151.273013 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.surfsidebackpackers.com.au
+61 (2) 8300-8802
+61 (2) 9365-4994

How is Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers rated on other websites?

Awful
Anywhere but here is what I would recommend. The staff was very rude, the rooms smelled so bad even with the windows open the whole time. We left a day early, without getting or money back, but we didn't care, we were just so happy to be out of that dump. Our food was stolen, the staff just doesnt care. And it was so gross, when I wanted to have a shower I found a bloody tampon on the floor. It was still there the next day. Horrible hostel from hell.
Lili
(Dutch)
2009-09-16

Extremely poor!
Please do not go here! Overpriced, overcrowded, dirty, staff were awful -- I could go on and on! If you are looking for rude, arrogant staff who lie, cockroaches, twelve people shoved into an already small eight-room dorm, a shower with so much dirt in you come out dirtier than when you went in, and general skankiness then surfside is the place for you! Whatever you do, don't book there!
Hector Ashwee
(English)
2008-01-04
  top place. so friendly and so much fun. very clean (bathrooms were sparkling) and the staff were great. so much going on at night and in the days. i stayed in an eight-bed dorm and it was plenty spacious enough although me and my friends were a little messy! massive TV in lounge with foxtel!
Sandra
2006-11-09
  The hostel is pretty good if you're looking for a fun place to hang out and drink lots of beers and play rude jenga! Those nights rocked! If you're looking for a clean well presented hostel then this isn't the one! If the guy called richard actually ran the hostel instead of bedding the many backpackers who check in, then the hostel might have ran a lot better and people wouldn't have had surf boards nicked from right underneath their beds, by sly couples, and the place set on fire! This backpackers was the place that made my stay whilst in Oz and I came away with a great load of friends forever. Connor the receptionist actually rocked and did use to make me smile.
One of the many ghost buster cleaners/reception staff !
2006-11-01
  Can you give a place less than one star?
frankie
2005-07-26
  Indy's was the first hostel I ever stayed in. My first night there I got REALLY drunk and fell off the top bunk in the middle of the night; that wasn't fun. If you get a top bunk, try not to get really drunk before you sleep on it. Other than that it's a really nice hostel. I never saw any cockroaches or rats. It's relatively clean, and has a nice atmosphere. It's a good hostel to meet people. The staff were friendly and helpful. It's centrally located. I would go back!
Lolly P.
2005-01-24
  If you want to be abused by the staff and generally ripped off, this is the place for you! And there were cockroaches everywhere.
Joleen
2004-12-22
  I stayed here on and off for a few months. I have nothing to complain about. The girls rocked!!
Osman