Noah's Bondi Beach

Noah's Bondi Beach is a clean, straightforward, no nonsense, party backpackers hot spot with close access to Bondi Beach and a bar onsite.

There is a bus from the Circular Quay straight to Bondi Beach (not Bondi Junction) that takes you directly to the Promenade and drops you right in front of the hostel -- no walking required, which is great when you're lugging a huge pack. There are four flights of stairs to the rooms, though. Street parking is available.

Four- to eight-person dorm rooms are available for the best price on the market, which beats the rest of Bondi's hostels; private rooms are not readily available. Lockers are provided, but no A/C or fan. Sinks and windows are in each room, but there is not much of a breeze, so it can get hot. Common bathrooms are on each floor, in each hallway, but are pretty small.

The best common area is the hoppin' bar. The rooftop deck is a bit hot, though there's a large dining area in the kitchen where people hang out, two huge refrigerators, lots of cooking space, and a TV room downstairs from the lobby.

Summary

All in all, Noah's is a great budget choice for the average backpacker who likes to party; doesn't need a lot of sleep; or a cool, romantic room. No frills here, but there are good drink specials and cheap eats in the bar.

February 2011

How is Noah's Bondi Beach rated on other websites?
Noah's Bondi Beach Reviews from the Web
1   Poor Staff & Management I am disgusted with how this hostel is managed and the attitude from some staff members. Management make assumptions of you by your nationality, if other backpackers from your country have previously caused issues, you are also blamed when you have had no part in it. Its extremely discriminating and will be taking this matter further.  , Scotland ()
1   Lousy I stayed at Noah's for one night. The dorm room I was given the key for had a notice on the door about cleaning, and when I got in there I could see why. It was filthy, the floor was covered in clothes and food, and it stank of stale body odor. I tried to sleep anyway but was woken up by drunks stumbling in late. I gave up about an hour after this. When I complained to reception they said "We're having it painted in a week." I'm not sure what that had to do with me. I have stayed at hostels all over the world and I am ashamed that one of the worst is in my home country.  , Australia ()
1   Stay away sh*thole. staff are very ignorant and unhelpful. Beds are covered in bugs, the rooms are too hot! I would recommend you look elsewhere.  ()
3  Well, the atmosphere is a bit informal. but if you share a dorm, you meet people that way. If you are a girl, ask for the All Girls Dorm. You get a beautiful Beach View from there. If not, you probably get view of Walls out of your window. They have the bar "the shack" which has great potato wedges. The music is the same on a daily basis, they really have to change their song selections. And the kitchen, well, you constantly have to vulture around to look for plates and cutlery and the pots and pans, well they should have a Health and Safety Rep in there, 'cause the handles on half the frying pans are about ready to fall off. I think they should invest $22 and buy a new friggen frying pan that is not dented a million times and has a handle that doesnt craddle back and forth. But location is great. Across the street from the beach and good restaurants around that area. And rooms are insect free!  ()
1  I just cheched out of Noah's to move into a flat and ended up having scabies from the bed I slept in there. The kitchen was always discusting, the walls in my dorm dripped with unknown substances, and when I told the manager that I'd spent $65 on doctor bills he basically told me that it wasn't his problem. It was the first place I stayed on my trip so I'm one hundred percent certain that the mites came from Noah's. I know of cleaners who have access to every room stealing passports and digital cameras, so be sure to always lock everything you hold important to you up. The only thing I truely enjoyed about the place was the people I met and are still friends with. But you can meet great people anywhere, without suffering through all the rest. Oh yeah they claim to be part of the VIP card club but they don't accept it.  ()
3  if you want your stuff nicked, be kept awake all night and sleep in hot smelly rooms this is place for you! seriously though, the social scene here is great with bar downstairs and massive roof terrace, loads of people to meet. great location for beach, shops, cafe's buses etc etc. however the rooms are basic and the kitchen is pretty disgusting, and its sooo noisy at night. if you want party party party stay here, if you have any standards with regards to cleanliness you will hate it!  ()
4  This hostel is awesome. Beds are comfortable, it's clean, close to the beach, staff are helpful, nice rooms and showers. I would stay here again. I had a great time. I really recommend it.  ()
5  It's great. I know the owners and I'm friends with their son and it's a beautiful place opposite the beach. What more could you want? There are convenience stores around the corner and there is a beautiful kosher fish and chips shop downstairs. I would recommend this place to anyone.  ()