Pension Vienna

How is Pension Vienna rated on other websites?
Pension Vienna Reviews from the Web
4   Great Place! I really enjoyed my stay in Pension Vienna. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was a triple room. It was clean, with bedding included, a terrific shower and air conditioning, and free internet and Wi-Fi. Breakfast was included, but you need to let them know when you want it, and they will bring it to your room.  , Canada ()
2   Not Impressed I definitely agree with great location part, and that the rooms are a decent quality. When I arrived they appeared very friendly, willing to help wherever needed. However, upon telling the owner that I would like to spend five nights and him agreeing, he one day later tells me that I have to leave because he received an internet booking. Ten minutes later, another customer explains that the website states that breakfast is included, so when we ask why we didnt receive breakfast he argues that we never asked. Its in capital letters on the website -- we shouldnt have to ask. Breakfast is cheap, thats not the issue, its just bad service. Another issue was the promised laundry service. I asked them to take my laundry three days in a row and they kept saying tomorrow, and on the last day he told me to do it my new hotel. Nothing makes it worse than when they continue to hound you for money the second you wake up for the following night. I just didnt find it relaxing. The current price is 60 EP -- I recommend you spend it more wisely.  , Canada ()
5   Loved it! Stayed here back in April 2002. It was a great relief to find the place -- it was almost my accident (the hotel we'd planned to stay in had shut down). I was really impressed -- I remember this place fondly as having the cleanest toilets I'd seen in the entire country. The people were friendly and helpful and the room we had was lovely and large with a view to the street.  , Australia ()
4   Great and friendly place great place and great staff. located in an old building in downtown cairo on the third floor. the owner Ramadan, very honest person that does all he can do to help his guests. big and comfortable rooms with air condition and bathroom. close to the Egyptian museum and to all the restaurants and cafes down town. the pension also books tours and can arrange transportation to different areas. very clean and nice kitchen. highly recommended. definitely plan to come back!  , Israel ()
2  The hotel is in a cheap and dirty part of town, but access to the museum is good. Also, the owner is creepy and the first night there stuck me in accomodations far below what I had paid for... Now he is trying to get more money for the other nights so I am frustrated. Breakfast is awful and you will have to beg for towels which come with the booking of the room. Oh well. At least Egypt makes up for creepy hotels...  , USA ()
2  Overall not bad. I booked a double room and got twin-singles, which I was told is a "double." I don't believe that's even true in Egypt given that the other room description available when booking is "two beds," and it's certainly not true in the rest of the world which is where most customers reading these descriptions and booking through hostelz.com come from. The first room had no air-con, despite the description here saying all rooms have air-con. I was told there was a double room available but the air-con was broken, so I changed rooms into a different twin-singles room which had an air-con unit, but that turned to do no more than blow air as a simple fan does, no cooling whatsoever. When I was going out I asked to leave my valuables in the safety deposit box, and was told that I should leave them in my room. I questioned this as the invoice said not to leave valuables in the room, and there appeared to be one safe at reception, but was told again to leave them in my room. "Free safety deposit box" is clearly not true. On the positive side, the location is fantastic, the rooms are indeed large and have high ceilings, and the staff were friendly. I would have been happy enough about my stay if not for the staff trying to stand over me at the end to do this review right then and there in front of them. But for that I would have given three stars. It's basic but fine, in a good location and the staff are friendly enough. It would be better if they'd break the local tradition of promising more than they'll deliver by correcting their profile on hostelz.com. They could start by removing "All rooms with A/c" which is a blatant lie, and the inclusion of "Free safety deposit box" when the reality is a common safe that you're strongly discouraged from using. I didn't see any "Cafeteria" either, nor a menu for "twenty-four-hour room service" or expect that there could have been any -- which are hardly important to have but annoying when they're treating customers as being so stupid as not to notice over-promise and under-deliver. The fundamentals are there for this hostel to be good for all but the most precious of backpackers, but to be the traveler's advocate they need to describe themselves accurately to begin with and quit the bad behaviour such as telling customers nonsense about what a double bed is, and trying to force this review in front of them.  ()
5  Staff has been very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hostel for backpackers to stay in Cairo. Air conditioned rooms are big, clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are also well maintained with hot water. They also have good knowledge of tourist info of Egypt. They helped me with an awesome camping trip to the western desert. They have a free airport pickup service available.  ()
4  I stayed at this hostel for three days with my wife. It is very clean, quiet, and the people there are friendly. They organized a tour to Al-Harm. They were helpful. I wish I could have a chance to go there once more. It was great.  ()