HI - Nairobi - Nairobi International Youth Hostel

AddressRalph Bunche Road, -00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Coordinates-1.293873, 36.805229  (map)
Location• The Nairobi International Youth Hostel and backpackers is situated within a safe and friendly Neighbourhood. The Hostel has a tourist information Centre and organises Safaris in Kenya and Tanzania it is the gateway to Eastern Africa Travel. Our staff are very friendly and highly skilled and helpful.
• We are 3 km west of down town Nairobi between former school of law and the Nairobi hospital direct opposite Upper hill Medical Centre on Ralph Bunche Road.
Websitewww.yhak.org
Telephone+254 20 272 30 12
Fax+254 20 2738046
(To add or correct information for this listing, please use the Listing Update Form.)
How is HI - Nairobi - Nairobi International Youth Hostel rated on other websites?
2   The best of a bad bunch. The hostel is extremely rundown. Internet is only offered between 8 am and 8 p.m. AND NOT at he weekends or public holidays. The toilets did not flush. The booking agent for tours gave the incorrect times for pick-up.  , Australia ()
3  I stayed here with friends a few times throughout the spring of 2000 when I was participating in a study abroad program. It was a good location and had fairly clean grounds and rooms. It was impossible to get into the smaller rooms (three to four person and one to two person rooms) -- they were always full. I felt safe there, but still slept with my money under my pillow to be sure. A couple of the times I was there the water was not working -- the toilets would not flush and the sinks and showers did not work. This was extremely disgusting -- have a big water bottle and hand sanitizer with you. I, very unfortunately, ate some bad food somewhere on that particular day and let's just say it was absolutely revolting to not have working toilets and sinks. The other times, when the water did work, there were hot showers -- something we did not have at the school -- so we were in heaven. Please don't go to Africa thinking that everything will be convenient and to your liking like in North America or Europe -- expect the worst and then you'll usually be pleasantly surprised! If you want perfection, go stay at the Hilton -- and even then there are no guarantees. I loved Kenya and wouldn't trade my experiences for anything in the world.  ()
HI - Nairobi - Nairobi International Youth Hostel Reviews from the Web