Funky Hostel Granada

Funky Backpackers Hostel is a nice, quaint place to stay while you are in Granada.

The hostel is located in the heart of Granada. It's a twenty-minute hike up the hill to the Alhambra palace, a couple of minutes away from the tapas bars, and easily accessible by the bus. The hostel is tucked away in a small, narrow cobbled backstreet that has its own charm.

The hostel is well maintained and clean. Rooms contain four to six beds and have shared facilities like bathroom. A nice touch is the provision of electronic lockers in every room that you can use free of charge to store your valuables -- very handy indeed.

There is a kitchen with fridge that you can use to prepare your own meals and store food. But the most fun part of the hostel is the terrace bar/cafe/restaurant. It offers a breathtaking view of the city, the cathedral, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. Having breakfast at the crack of dawn and sipping coffee while watching the sun rise behind the peaks of the Sierra Nevada is a sight to behold.

Overall, our stay at the hostel was very pleasant indeed. The well maintained rooms; helpful, friendly staff; and the ambient atmosphere make it a fun place to stay.
by Huzaifa
December 2007

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Funky Hostel Granada" at Conde de las Infantas, 15.)

Conde de las Infantas, 15, Granada, Andalusia, Spain
37.176978, -3.602256
funkygranada@funkyhostels.es, cespi2001@hotmail.com
+34 958800058

How is Funky Hostel Granada rated on other websites?

Cheap, clean, and great location
The best of this hostel is the location (located 50 meters away from the cathedral). The bedroom was clean with a kitchen. The guy at the entry helped us to find bars, nice places showing us on a map. They offer sangria and paella for 5 euros and recommend some flamenco bars. They all speak English, Spanish and some of them French. It is the second time I go to this hotel and I highly recommend it!
Age 25, French
Great place
Nice, comfortable, and clean. There is only AC in some rooms, which you'll want in the summer in Granada (when I was there it was 45 degrees). The staff are friendly and helpful. Great location too, and a lovely city.
My kind regards to Carmen the owner and Assia and Nadia
I had a wonderful time here. I was stranded due to the Volcanic ash which threw all my schedules to disarray but all the staff were so good that I felt as though I was in a home away from home.
Stay away from this place. First off, they didn't bother to change the address when they moved, so you will arrive at the wrong place. When you find the "new" place, it has septic problems and all the bathrooms reek. Also, it isn't all that cheap for what you get -- a stinky room that is super noisy. You are better off splurging the extra 5 euros and getting a single hotel room across the street that has a real breakfast and properly running facilities. The heating didn't work when I stayed there so I froze in the smelly night, then woke up to a lukewarm shower because the owner is so cheap. This hostel is "funky" alright -- a sly euphemism for its smell and its lack of real facilities and staff who are serious about their jobs.
James Taylor
Simply great
I stood in this hostel with a group of pupils and we had an amazing time. It is located right in the heart of Granada (a two- or three-minute walk from Plaza Nueva). The staff was extremely helpful, the rooms were nicely decorated, well-kept and clean, and the beds comfortable. There's a terrace with wonderful views of the cathedral, Sierra Nevada. The fact that there are safes in all the rooms makes you feel good.
One of the best!
This hostel is great. Staff are helpful and friendly. It's extremely clean and well kept. Has a great terrace with a cabana/bar. Cheap drinks at happy hour every night. Most nights a great family-style meal is cooked for great, cheap eating. Was a great place to stay, wish I could have stayed longer.
The best place ever!
This place was incredible. The staff was great, super helpful, and lots of fun. The staff knew who people were and actually wanted to talk to you. They have beach towel available to rent. We arrived after a horrible night bus ride and got lost on the way there, when we finally got in, we were offered breakfast before we checked in and they took our laundry early and did it before any of the hostel's own washing so we could have it back that same day (they even folded it for us!). They only have two internet computers, but don't mind if you hang out while waiting for them and they are available twenty-four hours. They had stuff going on every night. The Paella they made was incredible and so worth the 5 euro! The rooftop common room/bar was a great place to hang out and enjoy the fantastic view of Granada. Even the cleaning staff was nice! One of the best hostels in Europe, hands down!
  The people who work here are super nice and the bar has amazing sangria. My big problem was that my bed was so close to two others I was practically sleeping with two other people! The tapas tour was fun but we drank more than we ate.

Rate Funky Hostel Granada