Hostal Hermano Pedro

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hostal Hermano Pedro" at 6a. Avenue 20-53, Colonia Aurora II.)

6a. Avenue 20-53, Colonia Aurora II, zona 13, Guatemala City, Guatemala
14.598893, -90.514691 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.hhpedro.com
(502)23324474
(502)23604862

How is Hostal Hermano Pedro rated on other websites?

Bizarre Experience
I do not recommend this hostel. The owner accused me of lying to her due to her eavesdropping and misunderstanding a conversation I was having with my girlfriend in English. When I explained the situation to her son, he apologized. However the owner then came into my room and made bizarre comments to my girlfriend that made us both feel quite uncomfortable. I will not return under any circumstances. There was also no hot water and the prices quoted online were not honored.
ed
(usa)
2009-03-26
  A perfect place if you are stuck in Guatemala City! We had to wait two days for our luggage when we arrived at Guatemala Airport. I called the Hostel from the Airport and we were picked up immediately. The hostel is very spacious including a terrace with nice view. Breakfast was great. The people there tried to help us as much as they could. And finally if you will have the same problem as we had -- the airport is in walking distance and the way there seems to be quite safe during the day.
Tanja
(Germany)
2007-05-02
  Don't let the low price sell this place short. The owners go out of their way to help in any way. The food is fantastic, home cooked. On a moment's notice they will pick you up at the airport and treat you like family. This place is clean, safe and I can never say enough about our stay! We will be back.
Tammy Murray, Washington DC
2005-03-21
  We arrived at Guatemala City airport late and with no hotel reservations. There was a mix up at the Taca airlines, but the great people from Rasca airway called Arturo and he came to get us and take us to his home. It's a friendly, clean and safe place, and Arturo and his family are so kind. His mother even went to the pharmacy for my 9-year-old daughter. It's a very family place, right down to the sisters cooking and first communion picture on the wall. I would rather take my family here than to the finest castle in London. The pictures don't do his home justice; the flowers his mother and sisters grow are a sight in their own right. They even have TV in English. My son was so thrilled. If you have the chance stop in and say hello. They also have a home in El Remente, close to Tikal!
Tammy Murray, Washington, D.C.
2005-03-03