Pella Inn

Pella Inn Hotel is great value for money. The staff were very helpful with our bags. There is a small lift which you can use. The guy at the front desk gave us a map and highlighted the major sites in Athens. He also told us where cheap food could be found.

The hostel is right near Monostraki station. The hostel is within walking distance to all the major sites in Athens, making it very convenient; this also saves money on transport, as you can walk to most sites. The major high street shops are also just up the road. The view of the Acropolis and Parthenon from your bedroom and the rooftop is very beautiful!

We had both a dorm and a private room (two nights in each) and both were clean and spacious. In the dorm we had a balcony. There are plenty of bathrooms on each level. There is the option to have shared rooms, female/male/mixed or private rooms. The rooms are cleaned by a cleaner after patrons leave the hostel. Both rooms have air conditioning and one of them also has a fan. The cool air is very nice with the hot weather!]

The common spaces are clean and spacious. The rooftop has a bar and has BBQs most nights, in which you can pay to participate. You get a free shot of Oozo, which you can redeem any night. In the day, we often sunbathed on the rooftop -- but make sure you are wearing sunscreen! The common space near reception has a communal fridge and three computers. plus tables and lots of seating. Use of the internet is free and there are no limitations on the length you can use the computer. Overall, it is a very friendly hostel.

Summary

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would recommend this hostel to anyone and would definitely stay here again! It far exceeded our expectations and we had a great first stay in Athens! The staff are very friendly and helpful!

July 2011

How is Pella Inn rated on other websites?
Pella Inn Reviews from the Web
3   It's good for students and young travelers. At first, we were skeptical about the place, but finally it was good for the purpose of our trip. The staff is kind and available. The terrasse on the rooftop has a breathless view. Just for that, i would go again. The rooms are ok, but there is only one plug for everyone to use. The Wifi can be a little hard to get. Sometimes, you have to go at the reception to have some. You can't get it in the rooms. There's no safe or locker in the room to put valuable things or your bag. But at the end, for the price, it is a good place to meet fun people and have a good time. Don't forget to go on the rooftop and have a look at the view at night and enjoy a drink!  , age 25, Canadian ()
4   Great value! Pella Inn was a lot better than we expected! We arrived thinking we would just stay one night and ended up staying four nights! Our room had a balcony overlooking the acropolis that was absolutely beautiful. The price was reasonable, especially for a private room. The staff was extremely friendly and super helpful. The rooftop bar was fun and convenient. Also, the free four hour walking tour in itself made staying in the hostel worth it. George, the guide, was very knowledgeable and interesting. It was a great location and I never felt unsafe. The only negative thing I would say, would be the bathrooms. They were very small, stuffy, and wet. Overall, if I went back to Greece I would DEFINITELY stay again at Pella Inn.  , USA ()
1   DIRTY!!! RUDE STAFF That is the worst hostel I have ever stayed!!! We came at night, the staff was rude. If not late hours we would move somewhere else. AC was not working. We paid add fee for private WC what in fact ment having in your room a handbasin with cold water. Cockroaches, spiders and other insects!!! Watch out!!!  , Poland ()
5  Arrived in Athens, short walk to Pella Inn Hotel after catching the Metro from the airport to Monastiraki station. Staff on arrival were friendly and provided us with details of surrounding areas of attraction for tourists. Staff can speak good English and aren't Greek as they are backpackers so it is easy to find locations and information. The rooms are air-conditioned and cleaned regularly with 4 bathrooms on each level and showers. All of which are clean and despite being quite clean myself feel as though thongs in the shower are not necessary. My friend and I have both brought bed sheets with us also but felt it wasn't necessary to us as the rooms are very clean already. The hotel is a short walk, only a couple of minutes to shops, main square, markets, all restaurants, even Acropolis. The run to the Acropolis is worth doing in the morning and does not talk long at all. Computers are available for free internet which helps as well to keep in touch with family and friends. Rooftop barbeques are held on the rooftop at 8pm for 5 Euros and a bar is open for service. The rooftop as well as many of the rooms have a beautiful room of the Acropolis and all other historical attractions. A welcome Ouzo is given to you if you visit the rooftop at night. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel as it is clean. very cheap and has many good attributes. If I was to visit Athens again which I will for sure after my good experiences, I will definitely stay at Pella Inn!!!  , Australia ()
2   Great for student backpackers, but for adults not so much Web site is inaccurate & needs updating -- no breakfast under new management. Rooms are very spare, no dresser to put clothes, and showers have no enclosure. Bathrooms are kept clean but two of the bathroom doors would not lock. New management is uneven. Night staff was pleasant but booking staff which did not have our reservation, which was made and confirmed through Venere (a reputable website), & tried to make us feel it was somehow our fault ("we didn't get all the website registrations from the old owners so you are lucky to get a room"). Inexperienced & young ownership. Good for a cheap stay if you are a college student and don't expect service, but other hotels nearby will have better infrastructure for not much more.  , USA ()
4   Good location This hotel has a very good location (two minutes by foot from the Plaka). The rooms have a great view (the acropolis). The room are sufficiently clean but the shared bathrooms are too small. Considered price, it is a good choice.  , Italy ()
1   One of the worst ever Don't ever EVER think of staying in Pella Inn if you don't want your holiday to be disgusting. We have been around more than one hundreds and this war by far one of the worst. That's why -- the fat woman at the reception will try to steal your money in any way she could. One night in a double room is 45 euro. I gave her two species of 50 Euros as I wanted to pay for two nights, so I expected 10 Euro back. She gave me 5 Euro back in order to let me intend that I paid for 1 night as she received only 1 specy of 50 Euro. After arguing she recognized I gave her two species of 50 Euros, paid for two nights and gave me back 10 Euros. Do you want experiences like this on your holiday? She is also the most impolite person in the world, arguing for everything and, as she does not speak a good English, when she does not understand she will tell you -- "Now go in your room!" The guy that is at reception at night (from around 8 p.m.) is much more kinder. Then, all the building is going to collapse soon, rooms are the filthiest and dustiest ever seen, I couldn't breathe at night for that!! Black beetles on the stairs (that can go in the rooms as well) and last but not least the hotel is in the noisiest room of Athens, absolutely impossible to sleep without ear plugs, difficult with them as well. Believe me, don't stay there! The view is nice, but is not worth this hell, take a stroll at night to see Acropolis by night and then go in another hotel without view.  , Italian ()
4   Great view, clean rooms, decent price They're not kidding. Great view on rooftop, especially sunset -- night. I hung out there for nearly the whole night. Private rooms are very very clean. No air conditioning in my room. Great location, right near Monastraki station, and very close to Acropolis. For 40 euros a private room, it's not bad at all. The lady at the front is not very nice. I think she has an attitude problem though, I suppose she built that up dealing with all those tourists. One more thing -- not too many backpackers here -- not a very social hostel. At least when I was here.  , Canada ()