Killarney Sugan Hostel

The Sugan Hostel is a small yet very warm and inviting hostel located in the center of Killarny. It has a large fireplace in the common room that makes the hostel smell very nice. The common room, with its fireplace, wooden tables, and furniture give this hostel a cozy log cabin type feeling. There is no TV; however there are lots of games, and books for guests to use. They also have a large fleet of bicycles outside that you can rent for the day at reasonable rates.

The rooms are very clean, and include a pedestal sink. The showers and bathrooms are also very clean and there is plenty of hot water.

There is a large kitchen, and it even has labeled shelves, every room is assigned one. Tea and coffee is included with your stay and is available anytime. Breakfast is not included; however there are lots of reasonably priced restaurants that server a traditional Irish breakfast located within walking distance. This hostel is nonsmoking and has a midnight quiet curfew. The Sugan Hostel is also located next to an Irish pub, if you wish to grab a pint or two.

The hostel does not have laundry facilities, but there is a full service laundromat close by where you can drop your laundry off, go touring for the day, and pick it up when you return. Parking is free overnight on the street and in any parking lot, however a minimal parking fee applies during the day.

Overall, this is a very clean and cozy place to stay while in Killarney.

December 2005

How is Killarney Sugan Hostel rated on other websites?
5  the best place ever to stay!  , germany ()
3  Kitchen clean and pleasant to use, shower and toilets clean. Very funny, friendly, and ready-to-help owner. Common room very cosy and comfortable, private rooms recently done up. Unfortunately, two bad points -- first of all, if the sheets were changed regularly, it was not the case for the duvet cover which stank so much like dirty overused linen that I had to take another one (hardly better), and this is really not acceptable. Secondly, the sink in the bedroom smelled like sewage, and it was really disturbing, especially when we washed our teeth (you can imagine). Else, I also really advise to rent a bike for a day in the Killarney National Park, it is beautiful.  ()
5  By far and away the single best hostel I have ever stayed at. Stop reading, you have found where you are going to stay.  ()
5  I stayed in this hostel for a few nights in November. It was a great place to stay. Very nice staff with a good sense of humour. It was fairly cold when I stayed here so the open fireplace was great to sit by in the evenings. Generally a really friendly vibe. I recommend renting a bike for a day from the hostel and riding around the national park.  ()
5  In my opinion it's the best place in Ireland that I've stayed! It has a very familial atmosphere, a very friendly, funny and helpful host, a great fireplace, it's near to the bus station and has lots of friendly and interesting people! I'll be back soon! Price is 15 euros. If you pay 1 euros you can drink as much tea and coffee (sugar and milk to add on) as you want.  ()
5  Seriously, one of the best hostels I've found in Europe! It's cozy and clean, has free hot showers and a fireplace-warmed sitting room. What more could you ask for? Dave is a wonderful host and the conversation with the other hostelers was always entertaining. I can't wait to return to the Killarney area and the Sugan Hostel.  ()
5  This hostel is such a cute place. The rooms are all painted in different colors. I loved the fireplace. The fire was burning all the time, which is great on a cold winter day. The hostel is completely renovated, which makes it so nice to look at. But it still has the atmosphere of a small backpacker hostel. I could rent a good bike to visit the national park and cycle all the small trails. The host is a friendly person with a good knowledge of Germany because of his connections. Greetings to Dave. I will come back for sure and tell a lot of friends.  ()
5  This is a great place to stay and to come back to later, over and over again. I've visited the hostel by myself and a few years later again with my girlfriend, and the host (Pa) was still the same, loving, warm person I met a few years earlier. Make sure you do a puzzle with Pa's daughter.  ()