Tofino Trek Inn

How is Tofino Trek Inn rated on other websites?
1   We were told to "get the f*** out" sure, the dude that runs the place is chatty and has a nice dog. but he double books on a regular basis, as we found out from the owners of motel we ended up going to. he had double booked us (me and my mom) and when we dared to mention that this couldn't have been a mistake he simply snapped, pointed to the door, and yelled "get the f*** out of my house you bitches!" i was in such shock, i could only think that this poor guy must be seriously depressed about something. my mother responded to his order -- "gladly," and we walked out the door. also, he got mad because we asked him to phone a motel and see if they have room for us there. i mean, did he expect us to sleep on the dock? the experience was ridiculous. but it made memories! hey, i even took a picture of that place, lest we forget.  , canada ()
4  Just stayed in this hostel and it was awesome! Pete, the chap that works there, was a good source of information and was friendly and chatty. The hostel felt more like a home than a hostel. Met some great people there and would recommend the place to anyone and we hope to stop there on our return trip.  ()
5  I stayed here in July in the private room that comes with its own bath. It was nice and clean with a great atmosphere, complete with a friendly dog. GREAT view overlooking the bay. I used the open roof top deck to grill fresh salmon (local market). The hostel-style rooms looked fine, too. Quiet end of street... Walk a block to the stores, restaurants, and pier.  ()
5  This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The place is really nice and there is a very social atmosphere. It is more like a shared house than a hostel. Loads nicer than the HI and fresh bread for breakfast! The guys who live there are really helpful at suggesting things to do and have some crazy stories.  ()
5  I'm one of the first few guests to stay with Trek Inn, which is no doubt one of the star attractions and additions to the Tofino accommodation list. It has a better feel than the HI hostel, and none of the problems that come with larger-type hostel accommodations. It was well worth the extra few bucks over HI Tofino.  ()
5  This is the best hostel I've ever stayed for an extended period of time. Darcie Lou and Sierra were the best hosts and friends I could ask for in a hostel or in Tofino. Sorry I didn't get a chance to thank you sooner. Best wishes and I'll see you again this summer.  ()