Hostel New York

How is Hostel New York rated on other websites?
Hostel New York Reviews from the Web
4   Very nice service Very good location. There is very nice service.  , Poland ()
4   Central, friendly, clean, very simple but cheap, 24 hours reception Very nice stuff. My suitcase was stolen on the way to the hotel, incl. electronic tickets, a.s.o. The guy at the reception was very helpful and kind. Everybody spoke good English. The rooms were small and very simple (we had only one chair to place all our things, a double-stock bed and a small cupboard in the room), but what can you expect for the price? The bathrooms were very clean, even they were in common use. Maybe we had a little misfortune with our room as it was next to the toilet and we heard the flush and the slamming doors very loud at night. The location is great, in a narrow street of the old town, 5 minutes to the metro. I would stay there again!!!!  , Germany ()
4  This was a fairly good hostel. The location was pretty good -- only about a two-minute walk from Las Ramblas, the main street in Barcelona where all the action is, and about three minutes from a metro stop. It's right near the port, so you can walk down and see the ocean within four minutes. The surrounding neighborhood was slightly shady but not too bad. They have free internet which was great. There's also breakfast included in the price, and that was very good. Juice, coffee, two muffins, and two pieces of toast with different types of jams to choose from. Enough to keep you full until lunch! We had booked two beds out of a four-bed room, but when we got there, they gave us a private room without charging us anything else! So that was wonderful! The workers there were very nice. It's a great place to meet new people too. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and well kept. The workers come in the mornings to empty the trash and stuff so that's nice. The one drawback is that the people out on the streets are quite loud in the middle of the night. We were there during carnival, so it was quiet near the hostel until about 1 or 2 a.m. and then people started making noise. However there's nothing really the hostel can do about it, so it's not their fault. We stayed there for four nights, and if I ever go to Barcelona again, I would return.  ()
4  I stayed here for three nights, and it was great. They offered free internet access, the beds were adequate, and the location was fantastic. There was food every morning, even if it was only a bit of a snack, and the kitchen was available in the evening if you wanted to cook up a little dinner. Plus, the common area allows you to meet other young travelers to enjoy the city with. This hostel is a great value and I recommend it fully.  ()
5  I came to Barcelona between 03-09-2006 until 13-09-2006. Not only as having a pleasure, except for business such as look for job. I stayed in this Hostel, which I booked for only three days, and later I wanted to stay in another hostel for seven more nights in Barcelona. But I changed my mind and stayed in New York Hostel for whole ten days. During my visit in this hostel, I enjoyed most wonderful experiences with other young tourists, and also staff of New York Hostel, which is clean place. Indeed, there it was some limitations around kitchen and cooking time. But the location of this hostel was absolutely great. I am sure the environment of Barcelona has a warm social activity which is a live. Actually social connection in Barcelona expect to you have also healthy connection as response to other residents in Barcelona. This makes you to open you mind and heart and stay happy. That's make you to see more beautiful parts of wonderful Barcelona. So please don't be shy to stay in New York Hostel. Because you would not change your mind to spend your time and money in the middle of Barcelona in this hostel. I thanks again for all staff and their joinable friendship in New York Hostel.  ()
5  Very good and new hostel. Take two padlocks to safely lock your locker in the room. The breakfast is good and the place is within walking distance from the port and from Las Ramblas. There's no curfew and no lockout, which is amazing. I would definitely stay there again.  ()
5  One of the best hostels in Barcelona. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, but the hostel itself cheap and clean. There's a kitchen you can cook your own food in, the staff are friendly, the roof is nice... I could go on and on. I've been to Barcelona multiple times and always come here. 5 stars.  ()
4  I eventually ended up at the Hostel New York after I gave up my hotel room closer to Las Ramblas. At first, I didn't like having to move to the hostel, but it was great. The roof terrace is great and if the old German guy is still around, you can have sangria and beer for cheap. My room had a balcony on the third floor and tons of space. I think the hostel attracts a different kind of traveler because it isn't a IYHA. Everyone who came while I was there was very friendly and outgoing. I met about 20 people the first night and we all went out every night. I ended up meeting up with some of them throughout the time I lived in Europe and one is still a friend.  ()