Ostello Gallo D'Oro

How is Ostello Gallo D'Oro rated on other websites?
3   Nice stay Stayed in the all female room with connected bathroom which was convenient. Breakfast was balanced with sandwiches, yoghurts, juices and coffee -- a good change from BBs serving mainly sweet stuffs. Staffs were friendly and helpful.  , Malaysian ()
5   Great location Very helpful and friendly staff. As we're a retired couple it was fun to speak with young people. The breakfast is the best!  , age 61, canada ()
5   Friendly, cosy, relaxed, welcoming. Stayed here in August; I was traveling alone as an older woman, so wanted somewhere that felt secure. Ostello Gallo D'Oro is family run and extremely welcoming; it's easy to feel quickly at home. Rooms were clean and comfortable, some with little balconies. The breakfasts were amazing, with fruit, fruit salad, cereals,home made (overnight, on the premises, so very fresh) mini pizzas and savory rolls,tarts, pastries and croissants. Hot drinks either from a machine or made to your individual specification by the staff -- wonderful latte! There was always cold water, juice, and some sort of snack (fruit, cake, pastries) available free, for afternoons or evenings if you neede to go back for a rest from the heat or sightseeing. Staff were very helpful with maps, information, phoning the Uffizi to book entrance tickets. August 15th was a public holiday, so the staff and their friends put on a free party for anyone at the hostel and their friends, with food, drink, music and good conversation on the rooftop terrace of their sister hostel a few doors away. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and it added greatly to my enjoyment of my visit to Florence.  , British ()
4   Super nice staff and great breakfast We only stayed a night but found the staff super helpful and yummy breakfast too. A little walk from the city center. Beds were not too comfortable, definitely more hostel style. But overall, good experience.  ()
4   Check your rate Upon arrival at the Ostello Gallo D'Oro the traveler feels welcome. No rush at the check in and you are greeted with a small bottle of water or a cup of coffee, guess depending how tired you look. It is a real hostel, with kitchen, common room, breakfast and nice, clean rooms. The owners are very helpful, even make phone calls for you to set your reservation for the next hostel up or make sure you will have a table at the restaurant you want to have dinner. Free internet and wifi and a lot of other convenient things are there. You ask why I don't give 5 stars? Answer, I stayed at a 5 bed dorm with bathroom inside and paid 25€ (April 08). An Italian who called but never showed up was told he would pay 27€ and the American student, sharing the same room at the same time with me paid 30€ a night! The price policy in Italian hostels amazes me every time. Check what you pay when you stay there!!  ()
5   Sylvia and Max made it perfect I stayed here about ten days in July 2007. Elevator to second floor. Small enough to be friendly, large enough for comfort. I was in three-bed room, large enough with own bath. Clean, hot water, and big enough for comfort. We asked for fan as was hot at night. Only two computers, but no problem, people seemed to rotate well. Large dining area but no real common room. Convenient to get around. I walked everywhere. Really, Sylvia and Max just made the stay outstanding. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone of any age.  , USA ()
5   Fantastic Lovely welcoming hosts cooked everyone in the hostel a free meal. welcoming to our children, easy walk from centre of florence.  , british ()
5  Max and Silvia are the most wonderful hosts you can imagine. This hostel is clean and safe, with lovely breakfasts and company! The owners speak great English and are very friendly, extremely helpful in navigating the city. If you don't have much Italian under your belt, this place is for you! We stayed there for a month with a class and I couldn't have asked for more.  ()
Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews from the Web