Hostel Estoril

Hostel Estoril is a nice-looking hostel located in the center of Buenos Aires, in Avenida de Mayo -- one of the main avenues in the city; it's a good place to settle while living the life of Buenos Aires. This hostel is located in an old but nice building, and it's well preserved, with really tall rooms throughout the hostel, giving you the feeling of a wide space.

The central location of this hostel is value for money on its own. You will find everything you may need nearby, with a maximum of five minutes' walking distance -- places to eat, either fancy or just cheap; grocery stores; coffee shops; all kind of transportation from taxis to subway; and several places worth a visit to get in touch of the vibe of the city. If you have the address and a map, you shouldn’t have any difficulties finding the hostel -- and once you reach the door you will see the symbol of the hostel outside.

The dorms are big enough for the number of people, but you’ll feel crowded when there are big backpacks. The beds are nice and generally the room is clean and well kept. Most bathrooms aren’t really near the dorms, so if you want to take a shower and not have to cross the reception half naked, it is better to take everything with you. Anyway, the bathrooms are nice and clean and with all the space you may need to hang your clothes.

This hostel has a living room and an eating room, both with TV, which ensures that neither of the rooms will be too crowded. Every communal area has Wi-Fi and three computers you can use for free. The biggest problem in the hostel is the kitchen -- it's definitely too small for the amount of guests and hard to find utensils to cook. The best solution is to go down to a really cheap place for a takeaway that will better this hostel experience. Hostel Estoril has also a small bar worth for two or three beers. Breakfast is usually included and although simple, it is really good -- you can find bread, jam, and the famous “dulce de leche” -- a caloric bomb in your breakfast, but you need to try it! -- milk, coffee, and natural juice (you will have to squeeze the oranges, but the prize is well worth it).

Summary

The building where Hostel Estoril is located is quite beautiful, and you will definitely feel like you are in Buenos Aires. Due to its location, the relation between price and quality is quite good.

by CoffeeMarks
May 2013

How is Hostel Estoril rated on other websites?
Hostel Estoril Reviews from the Web
5   Amazing place One of the best hostels that I've been so far. Nice atmosphere, great staff, kind and helpful, amazing terrace with a beautiful view. The accommodations was great, nice breakfast with scrambled eggs (some days there was a woman cooking them for us) and dulce de leche. The location couldn't be better. Really central, with a metro station close, lots of buses around. Definitely my place in Buenos Aires.  , age 35, Brazil ()
4   Excellent Travelers Hostel Hostel Estoril is an excellent travelers hostel. All the things you expect from a great hostel are here. A good value, great location, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms a good breakfast and an excellent place to meet world travelers roaming Argentina and other South American countries. They had a delicious asado (BBQ) when I was there on the weekend. One of the things that sets this hostel apart is the helpful staff and in house travel agency services that can help you efficiently plan your time in Argentina. I highly recommend this hostel.  , USA ()
5   Great stay, staff fantastic Absolutely loved this hostel I was recommended it by somebody else and so glad I came here. The staff were fantastic helped out with everything there is all someone on hand to help you find your way around Buenos Aires. I could have stayed here much longer but have a flight out so after leave it is by far my favorite hostel in South America so far. The internet is free and the breakfast is really good. Would love to one day come back. Its also really centrally located so we were able to walk to most places highly recommend this hostel.  , British ()
5   Excellent One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot of them. One of the nicest free breakfasts too. Friendly staff, very central location, comfortable beds in clean spacious dorms. Rooftop balcony and bar and the place is above a empanada place, can't beat that!  , England ()
5   My second home in Argentina I stayed at the Estoril while doing voluntary work with children. The Hostel owners made sure I would feel at home and I got from them not less than I gave to the children. It is the perfect combination of location, warm atmosphere, and of course, a great place to stay.  , Israel ()
5   Great These guys rock. We truly appreciate the kindness that we received at hostel Estoril.  , USA ()
5   Very clean, great staff, great fun! The hostel is well located and is established in some of the six floors of a historical building, including the terrace. People usually meet at the internet/TV room or at the terrace. The staff is very friendly and helpful and always have good suggestions for nightlife and for sightseeing as well. Sometimes the elevator would not work, but it was a minor problem. I spent some days in another highly-rated hostel, but Estoril is by far the best, also according to other backpackers that I met.  , Brazil ()
5   We loved it! Estoril was our (four girls) first hostel on our trip in Argentina. And we loved it. It is very clean, the staff is friendly, location perfect, the orange juice in the morning is yummy, and the sofa is a dream. (Thought about taking it with us back to Germany.) The staff is so helpful. Once, we had to get back to Buenos Aires from Mendoza involuntarily and without a booking we went straight to Estoril. Federico (owner) said "Chicas, what are you doing here again, I have no room for four." After few minutes he managed to prepare a room for us. Estoril does really feel like home! And we met so many amazing people.  , German ()