HI - YHA London - Thameside Hostel

How is HI - YHA London - Thameside Hostel rated on other websites?
HI - YHA London - Thameside Hostel Reviews from the Web
4   Comfortable -- I return every London trip Been there at least four times. Another already planned. Each bunk has a suitcase-size locker that can be padlocked. Staff have always been friendly and generous with their time to explain directions or whatever information I needed. The entrance is gated 24/7, with a two-way speaker used to have the magnetic gate lock released to get in. I enjoy its location -- a residential area almost right on the bank of the Thames. Oyster card for much day travel also gets me back there at night, at no extra cost, Tube or bus. (I chose the Oyster card that is pay-as-you go to a daily maximum, more that day is free, and any remainder is good on your next trip.) A full British cooked breakfast, including cereal, juice is filling and a great start to the day. Lately, wifi internet is available, with day and week rates much less than an hour only rate. Wifi replaced the old coin terminals. Bar and refreshments, plus available evening meals (extra), sandwiches, meat pies, vending machines. Dormitory style bunks are the white ones in the pictures, others dorm bunks are triple. En-suite bathroom and shower (two of each in the largest 10-bed dorm) The double bed picture must be a private room. I'm very happy with the economical basic bunk space in a dorm.  , British in USA ()
3  Nice facilities, for the most part. Unfriendly staff. Nice commons room and restaurant inside. Good security, but the rooms aren't that great. Ours was extremely unclean both nights we stayed there, and the bathrooms are less than great. Way overpriced for the sort of room you get. Decent location though -- not far from the man part of the city. Internet prices ridiculous and to use their phones you have to buy one of THEIR calling cards -- other ones won't work.  ()
3  I'm pretty sure this was the first and very last time I stayed in this hostel for one simple reason -- although I read some people feel it's a secure place, I was robbed 500 euros inside my bedroom! Not blaming people from staff, who weren't very nice by the way, (except for one guy). Anyone is allowed to enter without any identification, except a visual one. For the biggest hostel in London, I believe this is not enough! It is also a bit far from the centre, which makes you have to buy an Oyster card (23.70 pounds for a seven-day one). The breakfast is great. However, forget about using the internet, as it costs the absurd amount of one pound for only twelve minutes!  ()
4  It's clean, quiet, secure, and cozy. The staff is more serious, but still very friendly and helpful! If you want a place that is away from the hustle & noise of touristy London, but where the sights are still easily accessible by transit, this is a good place to stay. I highly recommend taking the Underground to the Rotherhithe station and just walking down the road. My friend & I took the path through the canal from Canada Water, which was kinda confusing and long - bad choice. Plus, there's a sign right when you walk out of Rotherhithe station that points to the direction of the hostel -- simple!  ()
4  There's good security (many video cameras inside — I felt like the "big brother"). It's really clean and it's comfortable. The service people are so serious (grrr).  ()