Hostal Forestal

How is Hostal Forestal rated on other websites?
Hostal Forestal Reviews from the Web
1   DO NOT BOOK HERE!!! Filthy! moldy! not what it looks like online!! I do not know why this accommodation is in the guidebooks, it defiantly should NOT be. We booked online, and based on both the Internet reviews, photos online and being in the guidebook we thought it would be in a nice, clean hostel room. That is not the case. This place looks like it should be in a horror show. The walls are filthy, there is scum feeding up from the old carpet up the walls. Our room was dark and dingy, our bathroom was something else ... MOLD, MOLD, MOLD!! The walls were so covered in mold that it looked as though it was leopard print. We paid for the night, walked in and walked out. The guy behind the counter would not refund our money and said we would have to speak to the owner/manager the next morning. We came back and spoke to the owner she would not refund. She did not care. DO NOT BOOK HERE! We ended up staying at the hostel around the corner, we had much better luck for not much more cost. I have traveled the world staying in cheaper accommodations, India, Asia all over ... This is the worst place I've stayed.  , age 32, Australia ()
2   Sucks Bathroom sucks. It was winter and water was cold, the toilet didnt work very well so everytime i went to the bathroom i had to stare at someone else's sh*t in the toilet. Staff are not friendly and they may only talk to you to remind you that you have to pay for the night in advance. dont go there.  , Brazil ()
1  The receptionist who was working in 15th january 2007 was drunk and got inconvenient during the night.  ()
1  One of the owners threw a party on a weeknight and passed out drunk on the common room sofa after making so much noise that he drove all of the other travelers out of the room except for his friends who were also very drunk and obnoxious. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.  ()
3  With a little TLC in the bathrooms this place would rate a 4. The location and everything else is fine. Be aware that the hostel charges a mark-up of 600 pesos on the bus transfer both ways — I suggest you book directly.  ()
3  This hostel was in a safe area, and the staff were genuinely friendly. However, it seemed more could be done a lot of the time. The bathrooms were constantly flooded, and sometimes it felt that the staff thought they were lodgers there rather than workers.  ()
4  This hostel was great! The people were wonderful. It is very close to the center of Santiago!!! It was really a great experience to stay here!!! I wish I could have stayed longer!!!  ()
5  It was absolutely excellent! I loved it and I loved the people even more. I will return this year.  ()