Pirates Backpackers Fremantle

How is Pirates Backpackers Fremantle rated on other websites?
4   Good Nice pleasant staff and guests, clean toilets and bathrooms.  , age 63, Aus ()
4   Great little backpackers, always something to do great staff, easy going, like little family -- not baby sitters. little bit of wildlife but not of great concern. a great location. activity board gets everyone in a social group and is fun.  , age 42, aust ()
5   Your home away from home First thing i ever read about Pirates was the sentence "Your Home away from Home" and i thought thats just one this stupid advertising mottos you hear everywhere. But after altogether 4 month i stayed in this Hostel i realized it's not just a stupid sentence, it is just the truth. Pirates is in the centre of lovely Fremantle and you have everything what you need and more then that. You'll find friends and this awesome Pirates family. It is a small Hostel what makes it easy to meet other people from the Hostel. And especially during all this activities (surfing, snorkeling, rockclimbing, bushwalks, watching sunsets, winetasting tours, barbecue on the beach, dress code partys) which are offered by the Hostel you gonna meet other people easily. Captain Vaughan and his crew making this place to something really special. And even when you staying away for a couple of month and coming back to Pirates, people changing but it's still this good atmosphere. It is still home. It seems to be a place where just awesome people living in. Stay in this Hostel and live the australian dream. i've done it and i'm coming back. I never gonna forget this time, this place, this people.  , german ()
4   Homelike hostel I liked the pirates a lot. it has been like a second home for me. it might not be the cleanest hostel but it is cozy and there are always friendly people around. the staff depends some are nice and some are ignorant. when vaughn was around he was always interested and he would never ignore you.  , german ()
4   Brilliant little hostel Booked in for just 3 days but ended up staying for 2 weeks. We just loved the place. We had a brilliant time. Everybody has been so friendly and looked after us. Could be a little quiet at times with many people seem to be working. The place was clean, although some people were a bit messy with their clothes on the floor. The courtyard is excellent and we spent most of our time there. We recommend this brilliant little hostel to everyone.  , Canada ()
5   Pirates Backpackers -- there is no better way to stay! Since 2007 I'm a regular guest. The great location in Fremantle (just footsteps away from the world-famous cappuccino strip, shops, and pubs), the always friendly Pirates Crew, and specially the amazing activities perfect organized by the owner Vaughan (boat trips, camping, surfing lessons, parties) made me stay there almost 1 year instead my planned 3 days. And I wasnt the only long-term guest!! Its never getting boring, it feels like living in 1 big family. Its more than a hostel its like a shared house. Cant wait to go there again!!  , Germany ()
5   In the top 3 hostels! I spent the best few weeks I've ever had at Pirates. It definitely rates as one of my top 3 hostels of all time! It's small and very relaxed. It made it so easy to meet some amazing people and I had some amazing/funny/interesting/awkward/relaxing/memorable experiences. Cool staff, a very funny cat that loves lying on it's back, and lots to do. Highly recommend this place!  , England ()
1   10 Not happy, was charged $20 for one night only to be told in the morning by the very arrogant guy/receptionist that I would have to pay another $5 or to pack my bags in those words, so i did i couldn't wait to get out of their, the lady who checked me in was great and professional though but be warned their is some serious need for more organization from this place and manners from the d*ck head who wanted another $5 I had plenty of $$$ but no patience to put up with arrogance.  , Australian ()