Acacia Hostel

How is Acacia Hostel rated on other websites?
Acacia Hostel Reviews from the Web
1   Worst hotel I have ever been in! Do not go to this so called "hotel!" It was disgusting, everything was dirty, there were stains and marks all over walls, beds and every surface, toilet lids and seats broken off, blocked loos, water all over bathroom floors due to no provision of bath rugs, mould all over bathrooms, broken windows, infested with mice, and the "continental breakfast" consisted of a cornflakes (no other cereals), orange juice and a toaster to make your own toast (only option was jam on toast) and you have to bring your own cutlery and glasses and wash them up yourself! The TV in the room was useless as there was no aerial. From what I saw there were three bathrooms with showers and one toilet for ninety guests to share! The staff were useless when I complained and told them they had a mouse, said that was impossible! Then when I insisted that I had seen it with my own eyes they asked if I had left the window open! Like its going to climb thirty feet up the side of the building! I was disgusted by this place and by the service, they should be closed down and I think everyone that has had a bad experience should make a complaint to whoever is meant to deal with this type of thing, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.  , British ()
1   Disgusting! We booked this hostel online mislead by some pictures of God knows which other hostel! On our arrival, we tried to keep an open mind but when it came to have a shower, I felt as if I was living in the midst of a third world country. Toilet seats were nowhere to be seen; window panes were partly broken; freezing cold water; mould everywhere; and dirty, disgusting toilets (flushing did not work). The climax of our stay was when one night, a little mouse came to visit us in bed. What a night! The rude receptionist/manager/cleaner/handyman honoured us with the invitation to sleep in the reception area until a room became available. Although breakfast was included, one look at the kitchen was enough to make us skip breakfast! Never again! (hope the receptionist/manager reads this.) It's a wonder how the Sanity department hasn't discovered and blew up this sh*t hole! With compliments!  , Malta ()
1   Terrible I stayed here two nights with my whole class, for a school-city trip! Terrible! One shower was cold and the other didnt work! The toilet did not flush, so we had to go to the toilet in museums and cafes in the neighbourhood. When we arrived in our rooms (we booked two rooms) there were condoms. we were expecting clean beds. Well, there was a lot of pubic-hair in some of the beds! We booked two rooms for five persons each, we were with ten girls. When we came in the hotel at midnight there was a man sleeping in a bed in our room. We had to wake him up so the staff could give him an other room, we felt sorry for that man! When we got up, we were very hungry, so we went down for a nice breakfast, but all we got was a slice of bread, with a bit of jam and we had to do our dishes ourselves. please, just save more money so you can sleep in a better hotel.  , the netherlands ()
3  My experience was quite good. It was a little shabby, but the staff seemed friendly and helpful, the linens seemed clean, the shower was hot with good pressure, and the breakfast was plain but tasty. They even had little storage lockers to lock up your valuables. Not the most glamorous place to stay, but good if you're looking for a cheap place for just a night or two.  ()
1  Don't go there absolutely. it's crap and dirty and plus people treat you bad. a couple of days ago some friends of mine were kicked out from Acacia even if they had already booked a room with one month in advance (and already half paid) and during the night they told me a person got into their room to catch some covers -- can't believe it! really disappointed!  ()
1  Ok. So then like. We were expecting ticks and sh*t on the bed. Then we found it, it was livable, but kinda trashy. Like, the kitchen smells like stale sh**. But then the dungeon is cool because you can party and drink down there, and if you wanna blow some twees then you can go outside via door. funny sh*t. don't eat the breakfast. also if you wanna use the bathrooms, go to the third floor -- that ones pretty legit and bring your own lysol because like the other bathrooms have like sh*t and piss and diseases on the toilet seats. scary sh*t. other than that, great area surrounding, museum close by. Bentleys, aston martins, lambos, ferraris always passing by. Close to the tube too. Watch out for the rats too, that sh*t hurt.  ()
1  Do not stay at the Acacia! I came back from this Hostel today and I immediatly had to warn people. I live in Birmingham U.K. and I stayed at the Acacia with Friends from America, and I was so embarrassed about the state of this slum which is in one of the poshest parts of our Capital City, I would hate foreign travelers to think that the whole of England is like the Acacia. First Off on arrival I could tell that the Room hadn't seen the likes of a Duster or even a Vacuum cleaner in Days (maybe weeks). When we returned at night we noticed that the Room had Two Rodent Poison Boxes which we could see. The thought of Mice running around your bed at night is enough alone to keep you awake even before we start on the Bathroom. The Bathroom was tiny, the shower was cold the toilet had no seat and the lino on the floor which started off Blue was Green in the corners. If you do stay here then dont worry about the Fact there is no Plug for the sink because the drainage is blocked with Hair and God only knows what else so ultimately there is no need for it. In the morning I stood on the Bunk Bed and looked at a shelf which is about ten foot of the floor and there was little black balls commonly known as Mouse Droppings. I went to the Reception to complain about this and request Money refunded for the Night I had already stayed and I was unproffesionally Blanked. I tried looking around the area for somewhere else to stay but we had no luck. It looked like we would have to brave the Elements once more. After a day of Sight seeing in London in the rain we returned for a change of clothes to find that the glass roof had leaked all over my bed leaving the Duvet, Pillows and Matress soaking wet. I changed beds and Informed the Receptionist, he came and had a brief look, thanked me and said he wouldnt sell that bed till he had sorted it. Guess What? We came back at Three in the Moring to find he had sold the Bed and not only this, someone had swapped Duvets with mine so I still ended up with the Wet one. Seeing as though that would be a Huge coincidence if someone had done that Randomly so I ended up with Wet Duvet or the Receptionist must have done it. In the morning when checking out the People who we shared the room with were complaing about the same things as us. It remains to be seen if I have caught anything from the Hostel but it is definitely a case of "wipe your shoes on the way out."  ()
1  It was not good! My stuff was stolen, and they changed the locks on our room without informing us, so God knows what they were doing in there. It wasn't clean (mould, dirty lampshades, bugs, and blocked sinks) and so much for satellite tv in each room -- our TV had an open aerial lead with no plug, so it didn't work and was still live. All in all I would say pay a bit extra for somewhere better, and if you do go, don't let anything you want to keep out of your sight.  ()