Sanya Blue Sky International Youth Hostel

How is Sanya Blue Sky International Youth Hostel rated on other websites?
Sanya Blue Sky International Youth Hostel Reviews from the Web
2  The staff at the hostel are all lovely, but as far as value for money goes the hotels nearby are all cheaper. Everything in the hostel is overpriced, the food and bottled water can be found considerably cheaper two minutes' walk away, the internet price per hour is cheaper just round the corner, burning cds is cheaper in the nearby mall, and so is laundry. This could be a great hostel if it wasn't for the fact they are not keeping with the spirit of it all and giving you good value.  ()
5  We visited this hostel during Spring Festival last January. The staff was so helpful and accommodating and the environment so friendly. It's closer to the gorgeous beach than any other hostel in Sanya, and has a delicious, but cheap back alley restaurant that you can see from the gate. They lent us snorkel gear, and provided free mosquito coils when the bugs were buzzin. I would reccommend this place to any traveller without hesitation, and will be enjoying the stay again this Christmas with my family!  ()
4  I have stayed at this little gem twice. Once during the May holiday, when rooms and prices are high and it was a good deal for the price because you go to Sanya for one thing and its about five minutes away from this hotel. Big, sandy, beautiful beach just a short walk away. It's a small hideaway within all the sprawl that is happening in Sanya. I don't like telling people about it because its so nice, but since you are looking at this site, your probably going to stay at this joint anyway. The rooms are simple and pretty clean, but even if they aren't -- don't bitch. You'll never, ever in your life get to sleep so close to the ocean for less than ten bucks a night in your life. Peter, the owner is awesome. Chat it up with him. Buy his beer and enjoy your time.  ()
5  This place rocked. I was there in January and it was one of the best, cheapest, and friendliest hostels I've ever been to (and that says a lot). At night, staff and guests would sit around chatting, passing the guitar, and sharing fresh fruit. The kitchen food was cheaper than the restaurants, but more expensive than the street vendors. The staff would arrange anything from flights to tours to a taxi down the road. Every guest was pleasant and entertaining. I would not even consider another hostel, or a 3 or 4 or 5 star hotel, if I return.  ()
5  I just spent the last week there and I found it to be: 1) Clean and well kept. 2) Very reasonably priced. My single room with air-conditioning, hot water, TV and a balcony with sea view was 86 yaun — about 10 US dollars a night — and the food and drink were on a par or cheaper than other area establishments (I checked). 3) The staff attentive, caring and responsive. 4) Very well located — close to a number of local features, including the beach. 5) Overall, it's a really great bargain. Granted, I did stay during the low season so my room rates were reduced, but all lodgings bump up prices in the high season. And one must keep in mind that, after all, this place is a hostel. And as hostels go it's one of the best I've stayed in.  ()
2  I stayed at this hostel for four days this past week and I thought the following things about it: 1) It isn't particularly clean, and is in need of some repairs. The pictures on this page must have been taken a few years ago because the computer room pictured above is full of stuff now. 2) The prices on everything are overly high (food cooked in the hostel, laundry, drinks, etc.). 3) My room smelled rather badly (having to do with the drains in the bathroom). On the first day the manager came in and said that "it is because the bathroom hasn't been used in a while" and that the smell would be gone soon. Fast forward to four days later and it still stank! 4) The price of staying at this place isn't that cheap either — for the same money you can stay at a three-star hotel in Sanya! 5) If you want laundry done, give it in advance as the staff are a bit slow. 6) If you do decide to stay here, there are lots of restaurants if you come out of the alley where the hostel is located and turn left and walk down the street about 5 minutes. On the whole, this place is a rip-off. I wouldn't advise staying here. It was probably one of the worst places I have stayed in, but hey, on the upside, it is only five minutes from the beach!  ()