Myrthengasse Hostel Vienna

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Myrthengasse Hostel Vienna" at Myrthengasse 7.)

Myrthengasse 7, Vienna (Wien), Vienna, Austria
48.205171, 16.347520 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.oejhv.or.at/quartier/1070/1070.htm
+43 1-52363160
+43 1-5235849

How is Myrthengasse Hostel Vienna rated on other websites?

The staff is not friendly
the location is great, the hostel is ok, just the rooms are so far from the reception, the bath is kind of dirty, the breakfast is ok. but the staff are unfriendly -- they are angry the whole time; just 2 guy there were nice.
Diane
Age 27, Mexican
2015-06-08
  So, I've been to two other HI hostels and they were phenomenal. This one fell so short of the bar I'm not even sure it has hit bottom yet. The directions they emailed to me to get here from the train station were completely wrong; they told me to take a nonexistent tram. Then, while the girl at reception was very nice, she wasn't particularly helpful in certain regards. Also, actually finding the street the hostel is on was interesting, as was the 20 minute walk to stephansplatz, rather than the seven minute walk they advertise. I have yet to see the courtyard, the wifi only exists in the two common rooms and it's only good in the main one, the breakfast is included but it does leave something to be desired and you're not allowed to take food away from the buffet. If you don't mind clambering like a chimp to get into the bunks, which have nothing to grab onto, then it's fine. I did not enjoy my stay here.
Kari
Age 21, United States
2014-06-15

Excellent
Easily approachable. It was very clean and good value for money. The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was plentiful, with a good choice and all-you-can-eat. It was hot though when we visited and since there are no fans sometimes it got a little uncomfortable at night. I would recommend this hostel to my friends and would choose to stay here again.
Lakshmi
(India)
2010-12-18

Very good
One of the good hostels I saw, adequate breakfast, comfortable beds, everything is clean. The bedrooms are spread over several buildings so you may have to walk many times. Security is ok. I love the big lockers in the rooms, they have many of them. And you can even lock them, they also sell padlocks. The location is close to the city and not very loud. There is only one room to meet people, so it is not really a party hostel. I love Vienna!
David
(Germany)
2008-09-10
  This one was ok except the noises at night and the breakfast. You are only allowed to take two bread rolls and for juice you had to pay seperately. Bad luck, because tea and coffee did not taste that good. Well, the rooms were fine, clean, and we had a great shower in our room. The fee for using the internet was a joke -- much too expensive for this extremely slow connection. I also wonder why it is a problem for the staff to arrive at around 12 in the evening -- this hostel has a twenty-four hour check-in! Anyway, the price itself was ok and traffic connections very good, too.
Rouven
2006-09-10
  The hostel was nice enough. The rooms are big enough and the furniture seems fairly new. The meals were also very good. The only complaint I had was the temperature in the rooms. It was a hot night in Vienna and the windows would only open a crack, so we had no breeze.
David
2006-07-15
  Clean dorm rooms, a decent price, and it's super-safe. I'd recommend it.
2004-07-07