Glasgow Youth Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Glasgow Youth Hostel" at 8 Park Terrace.)

8 Park Terrace, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Scotland
55.869675, -4.280546 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.hihostels.com/hostels/glasgow-syha
+44 (0)870 0041119
+44(0) 141 332 5928

How is Glasgow Youth Hostel rated on other websites?

Clean, quiet, friendly staff and fellow-hostelers
It has been a really good at the Glasgow Youth Hostel. The staff was friendly at all times, the food is excellent, the rooms and beds are clean and the hostel is generally rather quiet. I was staying for a conference so the usual noise of a big hostel made me a little nervous, but there was absolutely no need for that. It is located in the Westend of Glasgow rather than the city centre, thus making it the perfect place to stay if one needs to go to the University. Still, it's close enough to the city-centre to walk there (20 min). Getting there for the first time was a bit difficult, I'd strongly recommend to take a map of the city if you're in Glasgow for the first time. Thanks again to Glasgow Youth Hostel!
Sonja
Age 29, German
2015-07-20

Good location, comfortable, and quiet
Glasgow Youth Hostel is located in a really lovely area west of the city Centre. It was nice to be so close to kelvingrove park, the view is beautiful. Room was comfortable and quiet, as we're the common areas. Good for a relaxed-restful stay, if that's what you're looking for. Highly recommended.
dani
(australian)
2014-06-15

Decent
Lovely building, good area, clean, secure, great views. It's easy to get to and the walk up the hill is not so bad. You're close to some nice pubs and shops and restaurants and the view of the university is lovely. A quiet hostel, not really my type, but I did meet some lovely ladies there. I did sleep very well here -- possibly the best hostel sleep that I had this trip. It's nice to have en suite washroom and shower and also nice that they are separate so one person showering is not tying up all facilities. There were decent kitchen facilities, though we didn't use them. I'd stay here again if I needed to.
Tricia
(Canada)
2013-06-18

Generally satisfactory, just went at the wrong time!
Unfortunately timed my stay to coincide with when the cook who did the morning breakfasts in the coffee shop was ill. At the same time the television was out of order. The staff were generally very helpful, and the rest of the advertised facilities were available, but twenty-four/seven hostels can present a few problems and I had the misfortune to be in the same room as a non-Brit who was expecting hotel conditions. Most of the people I did talk to were friendly. An old building can present difficulties, one of which was the lack of drinking water in the rooms because of the nature of the plumbing system. My suggestion to make people aware of this will probably be adopted.
STAN
(SCOTTISH)
2008-04-11
  This place was fantastic! The rooms were ultra tidy and clean, each room had a shower, toilet, and sink. The view from our room was amazing (as the hostel's on a bit of a hill) and the staff were friendly. The building was big but the rooms weren't like, 200 bed dorms, so the coziness was nice. The area was beautiful as it was right beside a big park. Walking to the city center wasn't a problem either. I would definitely stay here again if there weren't another hostel I enjoyed in Glasgow that costs less.
Nayo
2006-07-16
  This place is good and friendly.
2004-09-17