Krumlov House

A truly great hostel. A small house on the outskirts of the old town (but only a 5 minute walk of the center of town), and about 10 minutes from the bus station. It's not a party house, as there are only about 40 beds in two big sleeping rooms. It's the kind of place where you'll probably meet just about everyone staying in the hostel. The interior is beautifully painted and features a large kitchen and a common room with comfy couches. They require you to take off your shoes when you enter.

This is a place to relax – almost every guest stays longer than they had planned. There is a book exchange and board game set (chess games sometimes go 5 hours at a time). The owners are super-nice and will provide information, just chat, or give you free access to inner tubes for going down the Vltava river (bring beer!). Plus, if the owners like you, they may hire you on to run the place for a month. A supermarket is 5 minutes away and the kitchen facilities are well-stocked.

by David
How is Krumlov House rated on other websites?
Krumlov House Reviews from the Web
5   Excellent, cosy hostel Stayed here several times in 2007 when I was living in Prague. I was running from busy Prague to this relax hostel. Although Cesky Krumlov is also quiet touristy, the street where the hostel is located is very calm. Go out also in the evening to town, it is then when Cesky Krumlov is lovely, when all the day tourists are gone!  , Belgium ()
5   Top five Hostels ever Never before have I stayed at a hostel that better combined a fun and sociable atmosphere with a chilled out and relaxed vibe. The owners and staff are friendly, knowledgeable, fun, and laid back. The hostel map of Cesky Krumlov that is provided upon check-in is brilliantly designed and drawn. It has many fun and interesting things to do, see, eat, and consume. I have stayed in many hostels in my years of traveling, but I must say that Krumlov House gave me the best hostel experience of my life thus far. I highly recommend it.  , California ()
5   So chill and perfect. Set up like a treehouse, this hostel is the coolest. Rooms are en-suites with beds that are made for you and no bunk beds. Staff were so friendly and helpful booking bus tickets, telling us about the town, and just hanging out in the kitchen. There's internet; a good selection of games; a book exchange (that's locked); and a full kitchen with tea, coffee, and spices. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, and definitely go to this city -- it's too cute.  , Canada ()
5  This a the place to stay. It's not a party hostel. How glad am I that I'm not awake at three in the morning listening to Ramstein. You want to be wide awake in Cesky Krumlov. Plenty of info from people who have much experience of traveling. It's secure and as result very relaxing. Beautiful views, lovely people, try it once and you'll want to go back again and again. Don't forget to read and sign the visitors book.  ()
3  Good Hostel in a really interesting old house, which is beautifully restored and it feels like a nice home. Kitchen is great, staff is providing you a lot of information about the city and the region, and it's very close to the city center. When we've been there we felt a bit like outsiders in their private home, maybe this comes different if you're from Australia or New Zealand.  ()
4  The kitchen is incredible -- stocked with every spice and condiment you'll need! Lovely place, go here when you want to step away from the backpacking life and relax in a real home. If you prefer to go out drinking and partying, stay in town somewhere (although it really only is a seven-minute walk away, there are so many hostels that are in town). People at Krumlov House did not really seem keen to party, everyone was home every night chatting and playing games, which made for a sweet homely environment. Somewhere between April and August the TV disappeared. perhaps on purpose? Dvds were still there though. Staff were so helpful.  ()
4  Very cozy and homey. I was there at Christmas, and the staff had organized activities for us (optional, of course, but they were so fun almost everyone joined in). On Christmas Eve we all had a big potluck, chatted, and made stockings that were filled overnight by Santa. On Christmas we watched a Czech movie and went out to a feast together. I've been away from home in hostels three different years, and this was the most festive by far. I felt like I was with friends. Oh, and if you go, learn Settlers of Catan, a horribly addictive board game.  ()
5  This is a nice place, and incredibly cheap! We stayed in a double room with en suite bathroom and basically it is the entire basement! The room was huge (but there was only a bed and two chairs in the space). The bathroom was all right — very hot strong showers, but it leaked all over the floor so we had to take our socks off and hang on every time we went in there. No towels here — bring your own! We loved having our own entrance. Upstairs there is a stocked kitchen that everyone shares. People were nice here, especially the couple working there at the time. We enjoyed ourselves and loved the map they gave us!  ()