Spring Hostel

How is Spring Hostel rated on other websites?
1   Worst customer service experience of my life I have never met staff that were as rude as these people. I haven't even met strangers as rude as these people. I got YELLED at for talking on my cellphone in the lobby as it was apparently "disturbing the guests" who were non-existent. At 2 p.m. in the afternoon. He then, flat out to mine and my buddy's face, called us "f****** a****** Canadians." You must believe me, in no way did my actions instigate this comment, as we were being polite and courteous the whole time, and never did we deserve a comment anything CLOSE to that one. The owner then yelled at me to make sure that my room is clean (which it was) and organized for no reason whatsoever. The "continental breakfast" was a microwaved hot dog bun given with butter and jam. And you get no more than that, nor can you get it to go (for example, if you were going to petra and wanted it to go which was the case for me). Do yourself a favour, do NOT stay at this place.  , Canadian ()
5   Great experience after being ripped off somewhere else, spring motel was very friendly and the price was fair. the rooms are clean and indeed the place looks like a small hotel. the staff attitude were good and overall it was a very good experience. i recommend everyone staying in this hostel on their visit to eilat.  ()
4   Very good I stayed in Eilat about two years ago for two weeks with seven friends. The Spring Hostel is very clean. I would say Spring Hostel was one of the best Hostel that I ever stayed, is clean, and close to the center, and the people working there are very nice.  , Brazil ()
1  Don't stay here! The hostel itself is average at best, but i would advise not to stay there as the owner/reception is the biggest chowderhead have ever met. After already getting permission from another receptionist to have a bike in a private room, he told me i couldn't, and when i argued, (after having paid for a month in advance ) he called me names and told me to get the **** out. Same situation with the pool, it is closed all year but winter, when i asked about the status he said, go swim in the sea. I told him i wanted to go the pool, so he told me it was going through maintenance for a week. A week later, i asked, he told me again, to **** off, and that he would kill me for asking. I simply said, you should put it on the site that it is open only in the summer. He claimed it was, but of course, it still isn't changed. When i told him i double checked the site, he again called me names and threatened me, it is then when i went to the police to let them know he had threatened me. It is not worth it to stay there, the stress you get just from hearing him shout at others, and knock as loud as an elephant at 9 a.m. on all the doors, would make it annoying even if it were free. it is horrible, this place, avoid it.  ()
5  When I stayed there in March of '06, I had no problems. Rooms were reletively clean and the rates were more than reasonable!  ()
1  I will never return to this hostile hostel and I believe the management purposely acts rudely in order to discourage 'ordinary' people from staying here. I believe they are doing something illegal or they have a deal with UNDOF personnel and other foreign agency workers stationed in Israel to keep the hostel exclusively for them, so they discourage ordinary travellers. I had arranged for Embassy workers in the past to stay at Spring and they thought it was fine, so I thought it would be ok. (I'm a local worker in a foreign Embassy in Israel, but I'm American and arrived with my Israeli family members.) The managers yelled at us, concocted all kinds of supposed complaints that other dwellers had lodged against us. I noticed that others were treated the same way. Only the UNDOF personnel were treated nicely and allowed to swim (topless) in the pool, while we (five females) were told the pool was closed. Don't go here. I only hope this atrocity is removed from our holy land as soon as possible.  ()
2  I arrived at the hostel intending to stay for 2 nights in January 2006. The man at reception showed me the dorm room, which was a mixed dorm with one male staying there that night. I didn't feel comfortable with this since I'm female, and asked if they had a female dorm. The man became quite rude and started shouting at me that I could take it or leave it because that's all there was. The place was actually completely empty since it was off season, and he could've easily opened another room for me. So I didn't end up staying here because I couldn't handle the rudeness of the reception.  ()
1  DISGRACE! - I had booked to stay 2 nights here during the new year period. I had arrived to eilat and simply called the place to find directions from the bus station. A man answered the phone and instantly starting swearing and insulting me before I even had a chance to finish my question. This got to a point when i simply hung up and told my girlfriend we would not be staying there. She thought it must be some mistake and tried calling herself. Within a few seconds she hung up the phone, now agreeing with me. We found somewhere else to stay, and a few hours later i got a call from the same guy, telling me I was rude and that he thinks i should cancel... i obviously did, and they still tried to charge me for the 1st night which I am currently disputing with my c/c insurance. I later found out that this was the Boss who spoke to me in this way! I think they over booked and just wanted to oust us before we even arrived.  ()