M hostel

How is M hostel rated on other websites?
5   Lots of common space, helpful staff, good price, close to the action I stayed in the 6 person male dorm for a few nights in August 2013. I started with two nights here and ended up extending my stay several days. There are a variety of places to hang out, including an indoor dining room, covered outdoor picnic tables, outdoor beanbag chairs and indoor AC lounge. As a result, I found it very easy to meet other travelers, though of course that also depends on the individuals present at the time. Breakfast is eggs, toast, coffee, tea, watermelon and papaya, which I thought was decent for an included hostel breakfast. The desk manager is very friendly and helpful; he helped me numerous times providing suggestions on where to grab some cheap eats and what certain prices "should" be, so I was more informed for bargaining. The furnishings are nice, but there are cement floors throughout which some might find dingy. The dorm doors are very difficult to close quietly since the latch (controlled by key card) needs a bit of a shove. People complained to me that they found it noisy but it's not so much the hostel as it is your drunken roommates that are at fault. Suggested areas of improvement -- There are no towels at any of the sinks. Not a big deal but drip drying my hands or drying them on my clothes wears thin after a while. The locks on the cupboards below each bed are a little finicky. Mine eventually stopped working so I just locked stuff in my pack. That said, while I was here, they hauled in a new safe so one can always make use of that at the front desk. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again thanks to the helpful staff and abundant hangout spots. Pro tip -- If you are arriving late, you are still supposed to be able to get access thanks to the night guard. The street entrance for this hostel is through a pharmacy which closes at 11, but none of the signs direct you to how to access the back door. I had to hunt around for the door at 3am because the guard who was supposed to be at the front was either missing or sleeping. Basically, from the front door (pharmacy and Mario Silver) head north past the Bintang Supermarket and turn left down the first alley. Then take your next left and you'll see the back gates a couple doors down.  , Canada ()