Travellers Hostel Cesky Krumlov

A fun hostel converted from an old mansion right in the center of town. It's rare to find a fun hostel that's also a really nice place to stay, but this one is both. It has spacious rooms with big lockers, a kitchen, balcony, satellite TV, game room with pooltable, a big common area with a bar, and decent bathrooms. At night the common area is full of people and occassionally there is live music or other events.

by David
How is Travellers Hostel Cesky Krumlov rated on other websites?
Gomio
Travellers Hostel Cesky Krumlov Reviews from the Web
2   For heavy smokers only ... There is so much heavy smoke coming from the bar adjacent to the dorms (when opening the dorm area door) that I found it very hard to sleep. Opening a window is no option as the dorm is at street level. Also a bright halogen lamp in the corridor shines directly into the dorm waking you up every time someones enters the room. There is a restaurant but is open to everyone, making it a bit hard to meet travelers apart from the dorm or maybe the kitchen. The girl at the reception was very friendly, and the dorm price is low.  ()
1   Dirty, Noisy, confusing If you want to sleep and relax do not go here.  , Spain ()
5  This is by far the best hostel in the Czech Republic! and I have been to a few. There is character, warmth, and atmosphere at the Travellers, which is something so hard to find when you are constantly on the road. The staff are amazing, the rooms are clean and creatively designed, the kitchen has a great communal feel -- and the bar! It is in my opinion, the best hostel bar in Europe! Not only for the unique and historical cavelike design, cheap drinks, and live music but it is very popular with the beautiful locals of Krumlov. and I have met some people there who i still go back and visit and will know them for the rest of my life. isn't that what traveling is all about? I still dream about the place! This hostel is a must for anyone looking for the true Czech experience.  ()
2  Well, this was a disappointment. I was in a bad enough mood after a reservation screw-up at another hostel, but the unfriendly, lazy staff here didn't make it better. I'll start with the good points -- it looks homey, with funky dorms and big lockers. The big, well-equipped kitchen was the hostel's strong point. The breakfast, although not included, was great I have to admit (try the ham and eggs). But whereas other hostels are either loud and friendly or quiet, this was neither. There weren't many people when I was there, and the bar was packed with locals rather than travelers. It's good to meet locals but I found it hard to introduce myself to them. It was also unbelievably loud at night and I couldn't sleep -- noise doesn't usually bother me but this took the cake. The staff made out they cleaned the place by leaving mops by the bathrooms every day, yet it was so obvious they didn't because the showers were quite dirty (there was a ballpoint pen in one cubicle throughout the whole of my stay.) Overall, while it wasn't a terrible experience and I still had fun in Cesky Krumlov, I won't be staying here again.  ()
5  Go to this hostel. Throw caution to the wind. Let yourself meet the people who stay here. It's amazing because it has a social scene; but the social scene is very separate from the rooms (so you don't have to wade through people to get to your room). The breakfast is skimpy. There's Internet, there's laundry. Czesky Krumlov would not have been worth it if it weren't for this place and the people we met there.  ()
4  I liked the hostel. The staff is very professional (maybe a little too professional). The kitchen is superb for cooking and the rooms, despite a little crowding, are ok. Bathrooms and showers are ok. The town is so silent that you can hear the noise from the tavern downstairs but you can sleep ok. The food served in the restaurant is great and not so expensive! The city is lovely and so is the environment. I would return; in fact I will return.  ()
4  This hostel is good. It has a great atmosphere, very chilled-out, but watch out for the younger barman of the two. He short-changed me when he knew what note I had given him, then kept it for himself. Apart from that, it's a quality place.  ()
5  What a place! It was nice and comfortable and the crowd was always really friendly. Staff are not as helpful as you'd expect but then again what do you expect? Yes the bar is noisy but so are people snoring so you just have to learn to deal with it! I'd definitely go back!  ()