A&T Holiday Hostel Wien

The Hostelz.com Review

There are still a few kinks being worked out, as A&T Holiday Hostel Wien is a new hostel, but it is very nice.

This hostel is south of the main historic center, quite a walk uphill (in the snow) from the ULF tram stop. There are buses that can take you up the hill, but they are not included in the many options in the directions provided by the hostel. Once you walk up the hill, it is very easy to find, as there is a giant sign on the side of the building that says hostel. It takes about eight minutes walking and seven minutes on the tram to get to the opera area, inside the Ringstrasse. The neighborhood is very nice and quiet, with many shopping discount stores nearby, for grocery or clothing or knick knacks.

The hostel is brand new, and very nice with new furniture. Included in a four-bed room are two bunk beds, very comfortable mattresses, ladders to the top bunk, and a table with two chairs. The bed is quite comfortable, but remember to ask for sheets at reception. Tall skinny lockers are in the room, but they are not wide enough for a back pack. Each locker does have its own lock. Electronic card keys are used for the rooms, and the hostel requires a deposit, which was not noted on their info page.

Also included in the four-bed room is a bathroom en suite. There is a shower curtain, but enough room to move around and actually shower. Otherwise the bathroom is normal size, and there's just enough room to change. There is a shelf above the sink, and only one two-prong hook to hang your towel.

There is ongoing construction, and painting going on as this is a new hostel. There are quite a few common areas, which is great because the free Wi-Fi is only available on the common space floor. Because of this, there are always a lot of people in the common area, but there is not much socializing because everyone is concentrating on their internet use. There is no kitchen for use. There is a breakfast area, and a pay-per-use coffee machine. Also in this area is a pool table and foosball table, and lots of seating areas. There is a bar downstairs, but it doesn't seem to be open yet. Near the bar is the laundry room, with reasonably priced machines, and free soap.

Summary

The hostel's double front doors are great for keeping the cold outside when people come in and out. The hostel info page says there is free Wi-Fi all over, but it is only available in the common rooms. Staff are nice and friendly, and gave us change for bills when needed. We had a nice experience here.
by Korene
4 bed room
Sink and shower in room
lockers in room
Front reception area
sink and toilet, in bathroom, in room

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "A&T Holiday Hostel Wien" at Leibnizgasse 66.)

Leibnizgasse 66, Vienna (Wien), Vienna, Austria
www.athostel.com
0043 16070727 or 0043 664 1011039

How is A&T Holiday Hostel Wien rated on other websites?

n/a

Sucks! Horrible attitude and hostels!
I booked three beds at a 4 beds dorm at this hostel from 19th of October till 22nd, however, we just stayed for one night then checked out on next day just because of the unfriendly service and terrible facilities. I’ve contacted Agoda, but they said the hostel is unwilling to waive any refund fee, so I’m wondering why did they deny to waive any refund? We’ve stayed at this hostel for the whole night without electricity, my adaptor was broken when I charged my charger, we saw a flashed firelight then we were all in the dark just because the horrible electricity system, the worst thing was when I told them the problem, and they couldn’t do anything for me, and just said that’s all because of my charger. You know what? As a traveler, I’ve charged the charger at many different hostels and hotels, such as Czech, London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and so on, I’ve never seen things like that, so how can they say that’s my problem? If that’s my problem, how can I use my charger so safely at many other hostels and hotels? Do they really think their answer make sense? Firstly, we just wanted to change to other room, but they told us they can’t do that for us as well, that’s the main reason why I think I have to change to a safer place to stay. Although as a hostel, they don’t need to provide high quality service as a hotel, however, keeping your customers safe is the most basic thing you have to do, and it is the right of each customers as well. Moreover, we found our hair dryer at bathroom was unusable, so we asked the front desk to rent the other hair dryer, and he said “Are you sure the hair dryer is broken?“ We said “You can just go to check it if you don’t believe in us,” and then he said “No, I can’t, I’m now along.” I just thought What the hell is it? If they have no time to solve their customers’ problem, then do not doubt it, just do the things we need, otherwise, just go fix the problem without any excuses. They must have the worst service in the world!
Age 29, Taiwan
2015-12-08

Never coming back!
The place is clean. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this place. Location is way too far from the center (in Vienna, Metro tickets are 2.5€). Unlike any other hostels I have stayed at, at check-in, they just gave me a huge map without even telling me where I was on the map. When I asked for directions, they told me they couldn't help me because they were busy. It was one of the guest who offered to help me out, when he overheard our conversation. Next day (a Saturday) I paid for breakfast, which is advertised as TOAST, cheese, jam, coffee and tea, when I asked them to please toast my bread, believe it or not, they said "Sorry, we only toast bread on Sundays!!!!" even though I could see they had the toaster at arms reach! After 10 minutes of arguing, they agreed to toast my bread. Seriously, the worst hostel I have stayed at.
Claudio
2013-09-22

Nice Hostel with enough activity
Stay was comfortable and pleasant.
Nishant